Suns @ Timberwolves Tuesday Playoff game thread 4-23-2024 - Game 2

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The thing is, who cares what Amare did one-on-one to Tim Duncan? because none of that helped the Suns actually defeat the Spurs.

I was always incredulous at the fact that AS averaged 37 PPG against the Spurs in the 2005 WCF, yet the Spurs slaughtered that Suns team. By making Stoudemire's 37 PPG useless to the final scores, the Spurs absolutely made a monkey of Stoudemire and his great offensive power (and any domination of Tim Duncan). I also felt ridiculous. Why? for initially feeling impressed at the 37 PPG. Cleverness and skill almost always defeat sheer power and athleticism. The Spurs just laughed at the Suns in 2005.

Actually those games were close and it took a ridiculous defensive play by Amare to not get swept. Although I’m not sure why you hold that against Amare when Marion was atrocious that entire series.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We have three world class players and yet we have each of them play ISO basketball. It's so dumb. Move the ball around and one of those guys will have a much easier shot or Allen or O'Neale will be wide open. It's basketball 101. Come on. MOVE THE BALL. Sheesh.
Having guys that are excellent one-on-one offensive players should be a luxury for when the clock runs down. They are all excellent shooters, particularly midrange, and still competent 3 point shooters. A motion offense should play to the collective strengths of this team and yet we see so little of it.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
We have three world class players and yet we have each of them play ISO basketball. It's so dumb. Move the ball around and one of those guys will have a much easier shot or Allen or O'Neale will be wide open. It's basketball 101. Come on. MOVE THE BALL. Sheesh.
Kevin Young won't be missed.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Two words: Bruce...Bowen. I excuse Marion because I remember hearing that Bowen guarded him. If you are being guarded by a player who is willing to do things he should get banned from the NBA (and possibly sent to jail) for, what can you do? (When I say that, I am thinking of Bowen kicking the Timberwolves' Wally Sczerbiak in the head. That was when I realized Bowen's on-court behavior was reprehensible and he had no business in the NBA.)
No. They hid Parker on Marion because he was so ineffectual. Bowen hounded nash.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
While I won’t weep if we change the coaching staff, we should be careful in pinning all this seasons foibles on the staff. This team has shown a lack of fire and basketball IQ that’s alarming.
Agreed. The coaches aren't the ones actually playing. You can't blame them for everything. I'm happy with Beal's consistency. Just wish he was a little more greedy offensively. Durant and Booker are often too cool for school. I think that's what bugs so many of us. If not now, when?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two words: Bruce...Bowen. I excuse Marion because I remember hearing that Bowen guarded him. If you are being guarded by a player who is willing to do things he should get banned from the NBA (and possibly sent to jail) for, what can you do? (When I say that, I am thinking of Bowen kicking the Timberwolves' Wally Sczerbiak in the head. That was when I realized Bowen's on-court behavior was reprehensible and he had no business in the NBA.)
Bowen didn’t guard Marion. They put Bowen on Nash to frustrate the hell out of him. They hid Tony Parker on Marion and he was an abomination averaging 8 points a game on a game he had 6 inches on.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Bowen didn’t guard Marion. They put Bowen on Nash to frustrate the hell out of him. They hid Tony Parker on Marion and he was an abomination averaging 8 points a game on a game he had 6 inches on.

Nash still outplayed Parker but JJ was third in total points even though he missed two games. Total know show from everyone else while the Spurs always had role players like Bowen, Barry and Horry making an impact.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nash still outplayed Parker but JJ was third in total points even though he missed two games. Total know show from everyone else while the Spurs always had role players like Bowen, Barry and Horry making an impact.
Yup.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh come on, please don’t tell me anybody actually believes this would make any meaningful difference.

The “big 3“ have to all play worthy of that moniker, that is all that matters.
Yeah it matters lol Eubanks is worthless and doesn’t know how to rebound! Playing him automatically loses us rebounds he just smacks at the ball like a dumb poo! Thad knows how to block out and can put back works well around the rim, this is common sense but our coach likes to force Drew when it doesn’t even work!

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
The Suns offense completely bog down once they find a 'mismatch'. They then proceed to iso that mismatch; sometimes the other team doubles and the offense looks good playing out of it, more often they don't and it's just a tough midrange jumper over and over. Beal is the only one that makes a concerted effort to go to the rim every chance on those mismatches.