OT: 2024 NFL Draft Rumors

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lot depends on what NE does. If Daniels doesn't go in the first 3 picks I could see the trade offers being soft and Monte taking MHJ which is not a bad decision.
Maybe or maybe the Vikings are very excited to get Daniels. Maybe the Broncos and raiders and...are all about Daniels. Going to be a fun draft.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I can see a scenario where NE selects McCarthy instead of Daniels. I put it at like 10%, but I can see it.
Media in NE says that Daniels is putting out feelers he doesnt want to go to NE.

I found it interesting Mayo gushed about Drake Maye and said he's only spoken to Daniels via zoom.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I still think Bidwill is the primary factor behind picking MHJ and trading down. We can all believe he’s changed and completely hands off but I’m not there. He wants the next Fitz (not saying MHJ will be) but he knows what the majority of fans wants and probably thinks the HOF father lineage is important because he cares about optics and a good story. Idk I just don’t see another trade down in this scenario on his watch. Larry has always had his back and I’m sure Fitz is in is ear about this. Plus a potential superstar WR is just sexier.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Athletic's new mock, which seems to have a ton of smoke around this very outcome right now:

Cardinals trade #4, #138, #162 to the Vikings and get #11, #23, #108, and a 2025 1st round pick.

Cardinals trade #11 and #71 to the Bears to take Rome Udunze WR at #9

#23 Cardinals take Jackson Powers-Johnson OL

#27 Cardinals take Darius Robinson DE
Disagree. Cardinals own the pick, Harrison is a generational talent, and the Vikings are desperate for a QB. The Cardinals either get 3 first round picks without giving back ANYTHING to the Vikings or we move on and draft Harrison. Anything short of that & I will be disappointed in MO.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Disagree. Cardinals own the pick, Harrison is a generational talent, and the Vikings are desperate for a QB. The Cardinals either get 3 first round picks without giving back ANYTHING to the Vikings or we move on and draft Harrison. Anything short of that & I will be disappointed in MO.
This!!!!!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Harrison is not a generational talent. Again, all the GM's are stating that the wide receivers are all very close and Harrison is not at the top of everyone's board. If he was this generational talent he would be

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love you, Sanders, but quoting “all the GM’s” is pretty funny

You are correct, the actual term is all the GM's surveyed have given a variety of opinions on this wide receiver class. Decimal point differences on their grading scale depending on what kind of receiver you're looking for out of the top 4-5 depending on who you ask.

Decimal point differences aren't generational talent

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or there are several generational talents in the same draft. What I heard over the weekend was that reporting is catching up to actual scouting now

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Harrison is not a generational talent. Again, all the GM's are stating that the wide receivers are all very close and Harrison is not at the top of everyone's board. If he was this generational talent he would be
You’re right. There might be one or two idiot GMs that don’t have Harrison at the top. Just hope Monti isn’t one of them.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
You are correct, the actual term is all the GM's surveyed have given a variety of opinions on this wide receiver class. Decimal point differences on their grading scale depending on what kind of receiver you're looking for out of the top 4-5 depending on who you ask.

Do you have actual sources or random twitter clowns?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

He was a generational talent coming into the season but had a slightly down year. It doesn’t change anything that his numbers were down.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Nothing precludes having three 'generational' talents at WR in a single draft.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Multiple reports on NFL Network, the Athletic, ect...I get my info from a variety of media.

Yes, there are multiple reporters whose job description includes speculation at this time of year who are hot for a trade-up story.

We'll discuss the substantive when we hear back from Bidwill/Monti/Sears or the head coach. I doubt this will occur.

I predict nail-biting in the final few hours before evening one of the draft.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, there are multiple reporters whose job description includes speculation at this time of year who are hot for a trade-up story.

We'll discuss the substantive when we hear back from Bidwill/Monti/Sears or the head coach. I doubt this will occur.

I predict nail-biting in the final few hours before evening one of the draft.
I don't disagree, but typically Athletic doesn't operate that way.