2024 Free Agency thread

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
More good players snatched up, and we're sitting on a boatload of money. Building up the underbelly of the team and neglecting the goal of acquiring above average starters. SOC.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think definitely puts them out on MHJ.

Bears have even more space than us, so taking on $18 million base salary isn't bad for them. He's also in the final year of his deal, so the can extend him and make it more friendly too.

You must be registered for see images attach

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think definitely puts them out on MHJ.

Bears have even more space than us, so taking on $18 million base salary isn't bad for them. He's also in the final year of his deal, so the can extend him and make it more friendly too.

You must be registered for see images attach
Yea...might have a team actively trying to trade up for MHJ now.

*Hope Drake Maye's stock isnt meh around the league.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good for Hollywood. Unfortunately, for him he arrived when Kyler's deep ball accuracy fell off a cliff. Now he gets Mahomes.

Guy started his career with Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray and Patrick Mahomes. Thats a fun factoid.

Only Andy Isabella's Kyler, to Lamar to Josh Allen is as interesting. :eek: :D

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bears won the day by getting Keenan Allen for a day 3 pick.
It's a good deal for them for sure and he won't take a pay cut, so only a few teams could afford him. We'll see if they can extend him. If they do, he's an absolute steal for a 4th. Still a great deal for a 1 year rental if not.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why would you hope for this? It'd be just like us to get sniped by another team coming up for MHJ because everyone knows we're not taking a QB.
Sorry meant to say *isnt.

I dont think the Chargers will trade cause they were a team rumored to trade down to get more picks. However, they are definitely taking a wr at 5 now.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's a good deal for them for sure and he won't take a pay cut, so only a few teams could afford him. We'll see if they can extend him. If they do, he's an absolute steal for a 4th. Still a great deal for a 1 year rental if not.
Probably had a strong feeling Odunze/Nabers arent making it to 9 so decided to pounce.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I dont think the Chargers will trade cause they were a team rumore to trade down to get more picks. However, they are definitely taking a wr at 5 now.
I think they go Nabers or Bowers if he go MHJ.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Another hole to fill - so far on offense we have a lateral move at OT and a downgrade at WR. People are giving this offseason B's and A's, and so far we've lost our best WR while adding a handful of questionable NFL starters.

I don't get it.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

I dont think the Chargers will trade cause they were a team rumored to trade down to get more picks. However, they are definitely taking a wr at 5 now.
Ah, no worries.

Yeah, I'm a little worried now. Nabers and Odunze aren't terrible consolation prizes, but I'm just going to feel icky if the Chargers move up or the Patriots decide to go WR. Or if we decide we're going to move back and pick up a "haul" that ends with WR#1 Brian Thomas Jr.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
And, we lost Leki Fotu.
And replaced him with Leki Fotu +. Hooray! After taking an entire season off to...clear cap space? we've added NOT ONE above average starter, with plenty of salary cap space left. We lost our one FA of any value, with no replacement.

How can anyone be satisfied by what is going on? What is there to sell here outside of the island of misfit toy FA's besides their availability? One of our "big time" acquisitions had 3 pressures and 1 qbkd in 17 games!!! That's just horrifying. What are we doing here?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Another hole to fill - so far on offense we have a lateral move at OT and a downgrade at WR. People are giving this offseason B's and A's, and so far we've lost our best WR while adding a handful of questionable NFL starters.

I don't get it.
@General Chaos @PACardsFan - would love to hear why you've given thumbs down. Please explain where I'm wrong.