Jonah Williams Welcome To AZ

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This will be unusual for us:

2023 started all 17 games just 2 holds and 1 false start.

In 59 games starting just 16 total penalties or 4 a year.
Instead of holding he just gives up the sack....

I'm usually glass half full in free agency but I am weary of the Bengals OL. I have heard that Zach Taylors scheme can make things difficult on the OL though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll more more hopeful than not here with this signing. Our Line coaches did a pretty good job with what most of us thought was going to be a super motley crew last year.

If they can get this guy to be a healthy push with last year’s DJ, the line should be as good as last year (where I thought they were pretty good anyway) and probably should be better because I expect Johnson to develop more in his second year.

Also takes the foot off the throat as far T in the draft is concerned.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll more more hopeful than not here with this signing. Our Line coaches did a pretty good job with what most of us thought was going to be a super motley crew last year.

If they can get this guy to be a healthy push with last year’s DJ, the line should be as good as last year (where I thought they were pretty good anyway) and probably should be better because I expect Johnson to develop more in his second year.

I see no reason to bag on this signing at all. He's a legit NFL starter. He hasn't been dominant or great, but he doesn't suck. He's still young.

Easily our best free agent signing this year. IMO.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I doubt it. I think he plays LT based on that kind of money. I don't think Monti was bluffing at Paris staying at RT.
The salary reveals nothing. RT salaries have grown more than any other non QB position in the last 5 years.

Top 10 LT money is 25-16 mill and top 10 RT is 20-15 mill.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Yep. He will probably be glad to block for Kyler as his mobility will reduce the # of sacks he gives up.
Won't face those brutal AFC North pass rushers. The NFC West ain't chopped liver but Garrett, Watt and Mameluke are a nightmare.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hold on, the reason he signed here was because he DIDNT want to play RT, and why he refused to resign with the Bungles because he was destined to be the RT. Im thinking hes the LT.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Hold on, the reason he signed here was because he DIDNT want to play RT, and why he refused to resign with the Bungles because he was destined to be the RT. Im thinking hes the LT.
Nope Garafolo says RT.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I like this signing. He's serviceable and you never know what a fresh start and a new scheme can do for a 26 year old player. There is still room for him to improve, but he's shown enough already to not have me freaking out over the position. I feel he's an upgrade over DJ.

Now, call me crazy, but I would make the RT/LT decision partially on what our plan is for LG. If we want to sign a vet like Zeitler...then move Paris to LT. If we want to draft a guy like Barton or Bebee, then I say put Johnah at LT.

I don't really want 2 guys playing their first NFL snaps at the position on the same side of the line. Maybe it's not as big a factor as I'm making it out to be, but I'd like to have a young guy next to a veteran

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

My thoughts exactly.

#27 is wide open. Best player.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This will be unusual for us:

2023 started all 17 games just 2 holds and 1 false start.

In 59 games starting just 16 total penalties or 4 a year.

Others have said it, but it's easy to not get penalized when you're willing to get beat repeatedly.

Pre-injury DJ a wash. Post-injury DJ, huge upgrade

Yes, he's a huge upgrade over Kelvin Beachum. I think he's still a step down from Hump-PJJ no matter where it works out. If we commit to 12 personnel it'll make both of their lives easier.

Never bought PJJ staying on the right side.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

We'll see. One thing is for certain: Gannon won't say squat until training camp opens.

The salary reveals nothing. RT salaries have grown more than any other non QB position in the last 5 years.

Top 10 LT money is 25-16 mill and top 10 RT is 20-15 mill.

I mean, explain how it doesn't speak VOLUMES about the market for Jonah Williams. 59 starts. Hasn't missed a snap in the past three seasons. Played in a super bowl. 26 years old. Former top 12 pick.

Got less than Jonah Jackson, Kevin Dotson, Robert Hunt, and Damien Lewis.

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Gambo wrong a lot…. And I’m not saying it’s not possible I just don’t think it’s a done deal. But who knows they could be right…
Maybe the RT/LT issue kept him available for an extra day, right @kerouac9 ? He wanted LT going into FA and best he got was a good deal to play RT in AZ. Is that sequitur enough?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Others have said it, but it's easy to not get penalized when you're willing to get beat repeatedly.

Yes, he's a huge upgrade over Kelvin Beachum. I think he's still a step down from Hump-PJJ no matter where it works out. If we commit to 12 personnel it'll make both of their lives easier.

We'll see. One thing is for certain: Gannon won't say squat until training camp opens.

I mean, explain how it doesn't speak VOLUMES about the market for Jonah Williams. 59 starts. Hasn't missed a snap in the past three seasons. Played in a super bowl. 26 years old. Former top 12 pick.

Got less than Jonah Jackson, Kevin Dotson, Robert Hunt, and Damien Lewis.
Took a discount to play for a true contender?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jonah Williams hasn't missed a single snap since he took over starting during his rookie season.

Paris Johnson hasn't missed a snap yet in his career.

Hjalte Froholdt missed 3 snaps last year, his first starting.

Will Hernandez missed 10 snaps last year.

I'm seeing a trend here.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Jonah Williams hasn't missed a single snap since he took over starting during his rookie season.

Paris Johnson hasn't missed a snap yet in his career.

Hjalte Froholdt missed 3 snaps last year, his first starting.

Will Hernandez missed 10 snaps last year.

I'm seeing a trend here.

That may help explain the sacks allowed numbers lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson