2024 Free Agency thread

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Sure I get the strategy, it's more the amount. I think $21m per for someone who has been a mid guard for 3 years is way too much. Too much for me for the best Guard in the league.

The drop off between Dickerson and Jackson to Hernandez is next to nothing in my opinion. Very similar level players.
I get where you are coming from, but I don't believe they care what position the player they are paying is playing, but more of, how much are they spending on the unit as a whole.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My lord. Who had Leki Fotu signed before Hollywood Brown?
Have we all missed something for four years? I mostly saw Mr Roller Skates get single blocked right out of the way.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eww

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, between you and Howie Roseman you have a record 24 games over .500, eight playoff appearances, two trips to the Super Bowl, one title and two executive of the year awards.

Yeah not sure how you conflate two wildly different things. Being a generally good GM doesn't mean he's infallible.

Roseman sent a 3rd round pick for the corpse of Golden Tate in 2018. He gave Alshon Jeffrey a massive contract. The massive Wentz contract he had to eat. Drafted Dillard and Raegor with consecutive 1st round picks. And there is a long list of other bad decisions.

He's one of the best in the league, but he's not Jesus. $21m is way too much money for a Guard, and even if he turns out a great player, which he isn't now, it's still too much for a Guard.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
this feels like a replay of the Josh Rosen trade

while taking Kyler wasnt as certain as the Bears taking Williams -- i suspect that Fields is a draft day trade when somebody doesnt get the rookie QB they wanted -- and Fields goes for a 2nd or something

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
this feels like a replay of the Josh Rosen trade

while taking Kyler wasnt as certain as the Bears taking Williams -- i suspect that Fields is a draft day trade when somebody doesnt get the rookie QB they wanted -- and Fields goes for a 2nd or something
The Rosen trade happened over like 24 hours, IIRC. I'm struggling to think of a comparison for this.

I think Fields goes somewhere for a third that could be refreshed with a comp pick down the road for the team receiving him. That seems fair for a guy on the last year of his deal.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Was really hoping we'd bring in a credible RB2 to Conner to lighten his workload. The cost just isn't that much.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Was really hoping we'd bring in a credible RB2 to Conner to lighten his workload. The cost just isn't that much.
we have a credible RB2 in Michael Carter... but we have also been kicking the tires on some rookie RB's through the draft process...I think we are gonna select one

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
we have a credible RB2 in Michael Carter... but we have also been kicking the tires on some rookie RB's through the draft process...I think we are gonna select one
I hope you're right...the fact the Jets straight up released him makes me skeptical.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard