Suns hire Frank Vogel as next head coach

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Average American eats on average 60 (beef) burgers a year

Sounds like some of you aren't doing your part

So I'm going to do the super heroic thing here and eat 100+ burgers a year to make up for your patriotic incompetence
I give you permission to have mine! I have to eat gluten free because I have celiac disease. Usually I am best friends with one of my coworkers when I give them my doughnut at work when they bring them in!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am using dates in my baking. They can be very sweet in baked goods. Then I found out this nugget, that dates are a preferred sugar because they have fiber! At my age, whenever you can sneak in extra fiber, and have sweets, win/win. Diabetic websites recommend them because the fiber makes it so it doesn't spike blood sugar. I bought date powder, but found it too chalky. I just blend up some dates and water and either make date syrup, or date paste, depending on how much water, and that works better for me. Maple syrup is cool with coffee!

Everyone's body is different. I don't think sugar in itself is bad. Everything in moderation right?

I will mix some dates with my pancake mix and serve them with maple syrup. Tell me it's all good.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I give you permission to have mine! I have to eat gluten free because I have celiac disease. Usually I am best friends with one of my coworkers when I give them my doughnut at work when they bring them in!
You got me rethinking some things, took a screenshot of the cal chart you posted. I can choose fruit over ice cream, I can chill on the fast food, cheese, butter and crappy bread

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Espo on PHX Suns Podcast on hiring Frank Vogel: "Some people wanted a Ferrari, we got a Honda Accord. That's good. It gets good mileage and it gets you where you need to go. It doesn't have to be flashy."

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You got me rethinking some things, took a screenshot of the cal chart you posted. I can choose fruit over ice cream, I can chill on the fast food, cheese, butter and crappy bread
A man of science. Seriously, first thing I did was drop cooking with oil. I was using a LOT of olive oil in my cooking to raise my HDL. So a week or maybe week and a half or so goes by, I drop 20 pounds. For me, just learning to cook without oil made a HUGe difference! You can do that and still eat meat, etc.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Espo on PHX Suns Podcast on hiring Frank Vogel: "Some people wanted a Ferrari, we got a Honda Accord. That's good. It gets good mileage and it gets you where you need to go. It doesn't have to be flashy."

I'm trying to figure out how driving an accord will look in a championship parade.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly one of the biggest things to lose weight is don't drink your calories. Not just eliminating booze but soda, juice, tea, coffee, etc. Drink water with a lime or fresh fruit to garnish it and a little something. Even if you only drink like 2 sodas a day, that's almost the equivalent of a muffin or some sort of snack and the beverage does nothing to satiate the hunger.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
A man of science. Seriously, first thing I did was drop cooking with oil. I was using a LOT of olive oil in my cooking to raise my HDL. So a week or maybe week and a half or so goes by, I drop 20 pounds. For me, just learning to cook without oil made a HUGe difference! You can do that and still eat meat, etc.
I love me some Italian sandwiches with the cheeses, extra fatty pepperoni, pastrami, and gabagool on big ass bread drenched in oil

But I think I'd love ve losing 20lbs a little more

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This conversation reminds me of the movie "Fatso." Can I have some lemon in my water?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope everyone is enjoying a "Happy Off Topic Sunday" although I'm sure some are looking forward to our regular "beat to death an old argument Monday".

And, for those hoping to lose weight, just rememer that swallowing your pride is non-fattening unless you serve it on pie.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I hope everyone is enjoying a "Happy Off Topic Sunday" although I'm sure some are looking forward to our regular "beat to death an old argument Monday".

And, for those hoping to lose weight, just rememer that swallowing your pride is non-fattening unless you serve it on pie.
Get the honey! :lol: :

Seriously, I am liking the Vogel as a Honda Accord coach. Soon the new NBA season starts. We will get an idea of where this coach is going with the team on the moves we make and don't make. Also, a new owner, so we can see if JJ changes gears, or stays the same way he was with Sarver. Gonna be very interesting on these boards coming soon!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
To get on topic, I am a little curious what our Summer League team looks like this off-season as well as who will coach them. Typically it's the top assistant, will Kevin Young handle it? If so, could be worth watching to see what sort of offense is run.
Kevin Young has some serious D League years in as a HC. So I expect he would be a good coach for that talent level you see in the Summer League. We don't have any rookies, yet, which is who you like to have to give them stuff to work on in game situations.So obviously if we bring in a lot of vets on our 15 man roster, we are going to invite a lot of guys from everywhere to be on our squad. I don't expect we can get much out of it, if that's the case.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I grew up eating Mexican food and I love pretty much every way they serve beans, refried or otherwise. I'm hit and miss on Mexican Restaurant rice, some I love and some I don't. But I'm not 67 anymore and us 68 year olds have to pay more attention to what we consume.

And no, I've never even seen Comedor Guadalajara. I've had Guadalajaran food before although looking at their menu they seem to be as much Sororan style as anything. Because of growing up in the Valley I tend to gravitate to Sonoran or Baja style for my tastes but we have a bunch of great Mexican restaurants near me that represent pretty much every region. And they all look horrible from the outside with friendly servers and great food inside.
Do yourself a favor and try it next time in Phoenix. I've never been big on Mexican rice either but they have the best rice and beans I've ever had.

Superbone

Reaction score
Average American eats on average 60 (beef) burgers a year

Sounds like some of you aren't doing your part

So I'm going to do the super heroic thing here and eat 100+ burgers a year to make up for your patriotic incompetence
Been there, done that. I used to be on the cheeseburger diet. Resulted in a heart attack. I now eat about .75 burgers a month. And working on getting ripped like Yuma.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was doing Keto, until I had a 98 percent blockage, and had to get a stent, thus the going vegan.
Yeah, Keto is a young person's game. It's closer to Russian roulette as you reach middle age and beyond. It's an effective way to take off weight and some of the principles can fit within a very healthy diet but too much red meat is just that, TOO MUCH. I know it doesn't have to center around eating a lot of beef but it does for many that adopt a Keto approach to diet.

Superbone

Reaction score
Yeah, Keto is a young person's game. It's closer to Russian roulette as you reach middle age and beyond. It's an effective way to take off weight and some of the principles can fit within a very healthy diet but too much red meat is just that, TOO MUCH.
Yep, I mostly eat chicken and fish. Plus, the occasional filet mignon which is one of the leaner cuts of red meat.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson