Durant to Suns

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
That's quite shocking. It's like Okogie replaced Mikal and KD replaced Cam.

Small sample size. Charlotte and Chicago. But still impressiveZ

Now throw our bench numbers up there!
Interestingly, since the trade Okogie has been putting up very similar numbers to Mikal's season averages. If he keeps this up he makes the loss of Mikal much easier to swallow. Of course getting him resigned in that case may be very tough to do.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually he will be forgotten. People die off that were around when he played. You don't here people talking about stars of teams from the 40's or 50's anymore.
He will be forgotten by most eventually but your 40's/50's comparison doesn't really hold up. Basketball is huge today, it was almost invisible in the 40's and 50's. Those guys were pretty much forgotten even while they played.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
That's quite shocking. It's like Okogie replaced Mikal and KD replaced Cam.

Small sample size. Charlotte and Chicago. But still impressiveZ

Now throw our bench numbers up there!

I'm sure it's a coincidence that you used "bench numbers" and "throw up" in the same sentence.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think I heard this morning that our starting lineup has a 135+ offensive rating. That's already nuts and these dudes are still figuring out how to play together.

I know, I know, only three games.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On the train leaving downtown… the thought on my mind…

KD, you’re 34, you don’t need to be the last guy to leave the court during warmups.

It sounds like a trivial injury. I pray to the basketball gods it is so.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
This why this trade was stupid. You dont trade your entire future away for old players who get hurt.

Reportedly out 4-6 weeks with a knee sprain.

God what a freakin awful trade

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the Suns give us an update about Kevin Durant today and not wait until tomorrow. I'd like to see the new ownership and front office be more open about sharing information.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I’d say that KD can have my ankle, but I’ve sprained it 3 times and it’s noticeable weak

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure you were. Still think Mikal as the 4th option makes this team a legit contender?
Absolutely. It's CP3 as one of our top 2 options that had me concerned about our dreams of being a contender. If he can play like a legit number 2 on a championship squad, the trio of Ayton, Bridges and Johnson would have been more than enough to move us into the tier of championship contenders. Even if CP3 couldn't quite be a good number 2, that team would have been tough and in the running to win it all.

Between Jae sitting out and all the injuries we never saw our team this season. But I've always felt we improved this team on paper from last year. There are no numbers to support that opinion but there couldn't be given our depleted roster.

Granted, if CP3 plays like he's good enough to be a top 3 player on a championship team, a healthy Durant makes us even better than we would have been before the trade. My problem has always been with the overpay. Because of Durant's contract (huge), age (34) and injury history (scary), we made the equivalent of an even money bet that we could roll an 8 the hard way. It can pay off but it's still a sucker's bet.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its AZ Central?
People either are not reading the article or misunderstanding it. The article is speculating.

"The Arizona Republic has learned that there is concern within the organization that Durant has a grade 2 sprain, which would keep him out for between four and six weeks."

They couldn't possibly know because Durant as of this morning was still getting tests and had not been evaluated by the Suns medical staff with the results yet.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
People either are not reading the article or misunderstanding it. The article is speculating.

"The Arizona Republic has learned that there is concern within the organization that Durant has a grade 2 sprain, which would keep him out for between four and six weeks."

They couldn't possibly know because Durant as of this morning was still getting tests and had not been evaluated by the Suns medical staff with the results yet.
It was irresponsible reporting, plain and simple. And they count on people to jump to conclusions, which will undoubtedly lead to more clicks, which leads to more advertising opportunities.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a tweet. And it said "some in the organization fear", it did not say he would be out that long.

It's in an article too, not that it makes it anymore correct.

Greg Moore Arizona Republic:

The Arizona Republic has learned that there is concern within the organization that Durant has a grade 2 sprain, which would keep him out for between four and six weeks.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 games theyre going to get out of this guy this season, 3 games...

what a joke
I was and still am against the trade (as it was structured) but it's far too early to say we'll only get 3 games out of him.

And even if he misses the rest of the regular season, he could still be enough to get us a championship this year. Our chances aren't great but that's because we still need good CP3 to show up even if Durant comes back fully healthy for game one. And while I have little confidence in Durant being healthy, I have even less confidence in CP3 being healthy and effective.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson