New Owner - Mat Ishbia

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm glad I waited to read each post before saying what I thought of Isiah Thomas being brought in. That would be beyond idiotic and a total gut punch that took all of the joy of Sarver being gone away. That was before I was reminded of his misconduct in NY as well. He made some of the worst decisions as GM and all the while it turned out he was sexually harassing women in the office. Dude was part of the inspiration for the Amnesty Clause in past CBA's. No one who knows basketball would hire him in any sort of executive or managerial position. Dude isn't qualified to be a captain of a pick up game at the Y.

So glad that was false and the backlash was immediate as well so if Ishbia ever considered it an option he'd see how well it would go over.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm glad I waited to read each post before saying what I thought of Isiah Thomas being brought in. That would be beyond idiotic and a total gut punch that took all of the joy of Sarver being gone away. That was before I was reminded of his misconduct in NY as well. He made some of the worst decisions as GM and all the while it turned out he was sexually harassing women in the office. Dude was part of the inspiration for the Amnesty Clause in past CBA's. No one who knows basketball would hire him in any sort of executive or managerial position. Dude isn't qualified to be a captain of a pick up game at the Y.

So glad that was false and the backlash was immediate as well so if Ishbia ever considered it an option he'd see how well it would go over.

I envy you. I saw the news right after the first tweet and spent nearly 30 minutes of my life thinking IT was being brought on and went through all 5 stages of grief.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That tweet by Chris Haynes is still up.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This tweet also supports Isiah Thomas will not be joining Suns. How did this story get out there to begin with?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
This tweet also supports Isiah Thomas will not be joining Suns. How did this story get out there to begin with?

I’m glad it did because maybe he saw the immediate backlash if there was any truth to it.

Glad to see him in the picture here telling Thomas to go away.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m glad it did because maybe he saw the immediate backlash if there was any truth to it.

Glad to see him in the picture here telling Thomas to go away.

I wish a heavy hitter likes Shams Charania or Adrian Wojnarowsk would knock that story down as well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully someone asks pointblank during tomorrow's press conference.

Agree but it shouldn't have come to this. It's a move that shouldn't even be discussed.

The Suns don't need another cloud over the team.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Ishbia is from Michigan, right? I can see why a connection was made if he was a Thomas fan during his Pistons days.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Ishbia is from Michigan, right? I can see why a connection was made if he was a Thomas fan during his Pistons days.

They are also currently friends, and have been seen together recently.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotta wonder if the IT thing was real and the immediate freak out made Ishiba pull back.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I gotta wonder if the IT thing was real and the immediate freak out made Ishiba pull back.
I really find it hard to believe that 30 minutes of twitter pushback would have been enough to make him change his mind if he was really determined to do it. If it was reactionary it seems more likely to me someone from the league got a hold of him to remind him about IT's history and why the team he just bought was put up for sale.

I've also seen it brought up a few places that this news and the story that broke about CP and Kyrie is more about someone with an axe to grind telling tales.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really find it hard to believe that 30 minutes of twitter pushback would have been enough to make him change his mind if he was really determined to do it. If it was reactionary it seems more likely to me someone from the league got a hold of him to remind him about IT's history and why the team he just bought was put up for sale.

I've also seen it brought up a few places that this news and the story that broke about CP and Kyrie is more about someone with an axe to grind telling tales.
Sounds like what people were peddling here to repeatedly defend/question Shams’ Sarver reporting and even the ESPN report that led to his ouster.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I remember Isiah once starting Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis and Jamal Crawford together for the Knicks haha.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Youtube stream for those interested:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson