New Owner - Mat Ishbia

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say this for the guy...he is very energetic.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Could be worse. Sarver could still be the owner.
This phrase will never get old as long as I'm alive. But the Thomas rumors made me wince last night. Glad it was debunked/walked back.

Now go get me something for Jae and never regret paying your luxury tax bill forever please.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He's a new owner and a basketball fan. I'm sure he wants to get more information about the luxury tax first hand before he comments on it one way or the other. He bought the Suns as a tax paying team so I wouldn't be concerned unless he said he plans to avoid it. It's more about spending wisely than spending in general. Paying the tax makes sense if you have players that warrant it as well as a contending team. Where the tax hurts is when you struggle to even make the playoffs and are overpaying players regularly. The Knicks regularly pay the tax and I wouldn't trade spots with them in any way.
This

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
When I have think about the senior executives I have met and interacted with in the Mortgage and Insurance industry....... this is the exact speaking style and mannerisms I have encountered.

If this holds true...... This guy is competitive to the point it could be a testable and detectable condition.

Please just pay the luxury tax and win a ton of titles. That's all I ask.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Really find it odd he was there, he hasn't been around the team hardly at all for many years, now he shows up multiple times this season. Has he moved back to the valley?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really find it odd he was there, he hasn't been around the team hardly at all for many years, now he shows up multiple times this season. Has he moved back to the valley?

They did the reunion of the Western Conference Champs like a week ago. He very well could have stuck around. Not that odd, IMO. He's always come back for big events and if he knew this was happening soon when he was in the valley already why not stick around. He's not the mayor anymore so he has more free time. 50+ year olds in Phoenix in winter months should never bring questions.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They did the reunion of the Western Conference Champs like a week ago. He very well could have stuck around. Not that odd, IMO. He's always come back for big events and if he knew this was happening soon when he was in the valley already why not stick around. He's not the mayor anymore so he has more free time. 50+ year olds in Phoenix in winter months should never bring questions.
He was taking selfies with the new Ishbia after the presser.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was taking selfies with the new Ishbia after the presser.

Yeah and? I don't think that's weird. I'm not sure why someone would. That's why I said what I did, not sure what taking selfies with the new owner has to do with that.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I'm loving the new owner, love the aggressiveness, love the public disregard for money, now if he can just somehow get rid of sweet james...

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm loving the new owner, love the aggressiveness, love the public disregard for money, now if he can just somehow get rid of sweet james...

I wonder if James Jones is really a bad GM or if Sarver kept him from doing his job. Wouldn't be the first GM Sarver made a sock puppet out of. He's made some savvy moves when's he made them so I can't say he's been taken advantage of. I guess he's bought himself some time though because if KD pans out, he's not going anywhere. Everyone knows Ishbia was the one who pushed that through so JJ doesn't really get credit for it but he will likely be the fall guy if it doesn't work.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I wonder if James Jones is really a bad GM or if Sarver kept him from doing his job. Wouldn't be the first GM Sarver made a sock puppet out of. He's made some savvy moves when's he made them so I can't say he's been taken advantage of. I guess he's bought himself some time though because if KD pans out, he's not going anywhere. Everyone knows Ishbia was the one who pushed that through so JJ doesn't really get credit for it but he will likely be the fall guy if it doesn't work.
lol i was talking about sweet james, the shady ass douchebag lawyer who sponsors the team and had one of the most sexist commercials I've ever seen

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol i was talking about sweet james, the shady ass douchebag lawyer who sponsors the team and had one of the most sexist commercials I've ever seen

Lol I just assumed JJ had a nickname I wasn't up to date on. Haven't seen that commercial, I don't think. Can't be the Danny Trejo commercial, can it?

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Lol I just assumed JJ had a nickname I wasn't up to date on. Haven't seen that commercial, I don't think. Can't be the Danny Trejo commercial, can it?
Nah it's a commercial where he just shows a bunch of attractive women working at his firm. No guys, no clients, just him, his hair plugs and the sexy ladies lol

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nah it's a commercial where he just shows a bunch of attractive women working at his firm. No guys, no clients, just him, his hair plugs and the sexy ladies lol

Thanks. I was checking out his YouTube out of curiosity and didn't watch any plain commercials, just the celebrity ones. I don't watch commercial television so the ads I see are very limited. Definite upside to streaming and modern technology.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson