NBA Free Agency and Trades 2022

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not currently, but those teams could make the space.

I am feeling like Spurs are the only ones who might be interested, I guess there is an outside chance with Orlando.

There are probably many teams w/o space that are interested, but they will have to engage in a S&T.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Woah!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Woah!

Not a surprise at all. He's opting out to get a 5 year deal with Washington. I thought that had been reported already? I'm 99% sure I've seen talk of him signing a 5 year deal with Washington. This was just a formality because opting out pays him better than staying in and signing an extension.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a surprise at all. He's opting out to get a 5 year deal with Washington. I thought that had been reported already? I'm 99% sure I've seen talk of him signing a 5 year deal with Washington. This was just a formality because opting out pays him better than staying in and signing an extension.

He just turned 29. He has to know that the Wizards aren't contending in the next 5 years with him as their #1 option. Maybe this is another Dame scenario and he will be loyal despite the reality.

It warrants a look-see.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes it’s been reporting he’s staying with Washington.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He just turned 29. He has to know that the Wizards aren't contending in the next 5 years with him as their #1 option. Maybe this is another Dame scenario and he will be loyal despite the reality.

That's exactly what it is. A quarter of a billion dollars to never see the 2nd round again though isn't bad coin.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If this kid is available and you trade Ayton for trash I’m done.

You deserve another 10 years is sucking.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was a guy that the Suns were set to take had the Bridges trade not materialized. I wonder if he was a Jones or McDonough guy.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What the hell is going on.

Hawks just ripped them off.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can only hope Atlanta wants Ayton and Murray is a piece they feel we'd like more than what they had.
Isn't there a restriction of like 6 months before they can trade him again?

I think a 3 way would have been required to do that kind of a deal

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was a guy that the Suns were set to take had the Bridges trade not materialized. I wonder if he was a Jones or McDonough guy.

That is an interesting idea, but aren't he and Shamet basically the same guy?

I am usually so much into this off-season stuff, but good grief, if we couldn't win it all with last year's team, what is the point of all this?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isn't there a restriction of like 6 months before they can trade him again?

I think a 3 way would have been required to do that kind of a deal

A player can be traded by themselves with no time restriction. Murray in a package would be an issue but not alone. Rasheed Wallace is an example of someone who was traded twice in a week, he played like 1 game for Atlanta before being moved again to Detroit back in the day.

None of these deals can be made official until July 6th or 7th and can be reworked to include a 3rd team or 4th team. That happened last year with Lonzo Ball, for example.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't get it. Murray was the Spurs bonafide star. Why are they trading him? This one doesn't make much sense to me. And Atlanta has Trae Young. I suppose they'll do a dual point guard starting lineup, but it is a strange trade for both teams.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't get it. Murray was the Spurs bonafide star. Why are they trading him? This one doesn't make much sense to me. And Atlanta has Trae Young. I suppose they'll do a dual point guard starting lineup, but it is a strange trade for both teams.

The Hawks are going to be asking a lot of Murray. Trae can't defend a tree stump and he doesn't play off the ball. The Hawks seem to be hoping that Murray will pick up all the tough back court match ups and sacrifice a lot of his own offense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I like Donte DiVincenzo. He is really a combo guard. The Suns could play Booker and Donte together at times.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I totally get it from the Hawks standpoint.

If you can rape a team for value, you forget about the postion of the player, worst comes to worse you trade them again for someone who fits better.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Donte DiVincenzo. He is really a combo guard. The Suns could play Booker and Donte together at times.
I think he is somewhat limited, but he probably is an upgrade to shamet. We know James Jones liked him in the draft also, so I think he is a real posibility.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he is somewhat limited, but he probably is an upgrade to shamet. We know James Jones liked him in the draft also, so I think he is a real posibility.

Agree. Donte is an upgrade over Shamet and he can help as a distributor.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm. What's this? Brunson to the Knicks is not a done deal.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's why I don't believe it's some random move. It's part of something bigger they are doing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson