Deandre Hopkins Suspended Six Games

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious what you expect for the first six games considering you pinned a lot of our failures down the stretch on missing players and here we are starting out with arguably our best offensive player out for a third of the season.
We'll be fine. We have a generational talent as our QBOTF who makes everyone else around him better, right? :shrug:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I hope Hopkins would come out with the details. I have a lot of issues with anti doping testing. Not sure how the NFL does it, but I know under USADA testing you can be suspended for simply using an IV to rehydrate. They consider it to be masking.
I'm not even sure if players are allowed to discuss what they did.
He withdrew his appeal. That’s all I need to know.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Brian in Mesa

You have my sincere apology for posting this..

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Brown was being dramatically misused in Baltimore. It only took him 147 targets to get those 1,000 yards.
That’s not that many targets over the course of a season. Also consider who’s throwing the ball to him is not exactly known for his downfield throws or accuracy…

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do a bunch of people in the modern era fall for snark on twitter and take it as reported fact?

Is it because you don't understand what a verified reporter is?

Is it that you assume someone quoting it here automatically adds legitimacy?

Is it self confirming lazy bias?

Is it you believe anything you read online?

Anyone who took the beaver tranquilizer as fact I really want to understand this.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That’s not that many targets over the course of a season. Also consider who’s throwing the ball to him is not exactly known for his downfield throws or accuracy…
It was 10th most in the NFL last season. 10th in targets, in the 20s somewhere in yardage.

Two Ravens in the Top 10 in targets last year.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they should trade him right before the deadline if it’s not in contention. Time to move on imo
Hopkins is effectively un-tradeable. If traded before June 1, there would be a $33.9M dead cap hit this year, another $22.6M dead cap next year, and $11.3M in 2024. If traded after June 1, there would be $11.3M dead cap hits this year and each of the next two.

I get that we're not happy with him right now, but most of the cost is irrevocably sunk, so might as well suck it up and get as much from him as possible, at least until the cap savings exceeds the dead cap cost.

...dave

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It was 10th most in the NFL last season. 10th in targets, in the 20s somewhere in yardage.

Two Ravens in the Top 10 in targets last year.
Well, we will have a ery good idea if he brings anything different than Kirk after the first 6 games because he will likely be lining up outside that entire time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson