2022 3rd round pick A is Cameron Thomas DE

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Surprised by this. Don't see Thomas as an OLB at all.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Surprised by this. Don't see Thomas as an OLB at all.

You cannot be a successful 3-4 DE at 265. It just won’t happen. He would need to put on an absolute minimum of 20lbs and change his identity as a player. He’s a 4-3 End and a 3-4 Outside Backer every time.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i could see where on base downs, he is an OLB -- but a better sized one that is stouter vs the run

then on passing downs, he slides inside
Bingo
We added two pass rushers with different skillset
They see Thomas with below athleticism to play the role so they are seeing him better suited to play de in 3/4, but i disagree
I think his speed is adequate for the position
Reminds me the poor version of Joey Bosa

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You cannot be a successful 3-4 DE at 265. It just won’t happen. He would need to put on an absolute minimum of 20lbs and change his identity as a player. He’s a 4-3 End and a 3-4 Outside Backer every time.

Well yeah that's my point. I'd expect him to put on some weight and play 3-4 DE. He's a great B gap perpetrator. In fact even when on the edge he has far more success in the B gap.

He has a great get off, but no real speed and he has no bend. Just don't see it but who knows.

Maybe they use him only when in nickel as a traditional 5T?

The whole pass rush room at the moment looks like it's designed to be situational. Maybe Vance got tired of both Golden and CJ not being able to set an Edge.

It has it's advantages I suppose. Keeps everyone fresh into Q4 and keeps tackles on their toes with different skill sets to face.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole pass rush room at the moment looks like it's designed to be situational. Maybe Vance got tired of both Golden and CJ not being able to set an Edge.

It has it's advantages I suppose. Keeps everyone fresh into Q4 and keeps tackles on their toes with different skill sets to face.
Hopefully that plan works

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Funny, video is 10 days old, no Cardinals affiliation. Very last words snuck in right at the end "His best role is how the Cardinals use Zach Allen."

Exactly what I said.

He was a tweener in college. Played a bunch of 3-4 DE.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He can play DE if Watt is inside him. He could play OLB if he doesn’t have to pass cover.
This.

Chandler Jones has never really been a 3-4 backer. He's always been an End playing 3-4 backer. I think the Cardinals want Thomas to straight up fill Chandler's role and Thomas can be successful in it.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
CJ was great -- but he spent all last year jumping around blocks in the run game

when it worked, great -- but when it didn't, it compromised his side of the front

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This.

Chandler Jones has never really been a 3-4 backer. He's always been an End playing 3-4 backer. I think the Cardinals want Thomas to straight up fill Chandler's role and Thomas can be successful in it.
Ok but u can't play golden in the other side

OLB 1 Golden /Thomas/Dimukeje
OLB 2 veteran /Sanders /Kennard
CJ was great -- but he spent all last year jumping around blocks in the run game

when it worked, great -- but when it didn't, it compromised his side of the front
Even golden need to see some snap limitations, he is a big liability with his slowness in running situations

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok but u can't play golden in the other side

OLB 1 Golden /Thomas/Dimukeje
OLB 2 veteran /Sanders /Kennard

Even golden need to see some snap limitations, he is a big liability with his slowness in running situations

Swap Dimukeje for Gardeck.

I think Dimukeje is done. They wouldn't have drafted 3 potential edges if they thought he had a shot.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Swap Dimukeje for Gardeck.

I think Dimukeje is done. They wouldn't have drafted 3 potential edges if they thought he had a shot.
Hopefully the 2, youngster are able to start right away
About the veteran available , not names to get excited a bit, very washed

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson