Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since Frank Kaminsky was waived, this likely means Ish Wainright will be converted from a two-way contract to a standard contract.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I like Ish in the playoffs where there is a lot more banging. The guy is basically a tree stump.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was also hoping Gabriel Lundberg would find his way to the Suns regular roster.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Should have waived Elfrid Payton instead. I don't care if Frank wasn't able to play, Elf shouldn't play. That's Monty's only real negative, he seems to have a soft spot for Payton.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should have waived Elfrid Payton instead. I don't care if Frank wasn't able to play, Elf shouldn't play. That's Monty's only real negative, he seems to have a soft spot for Payton.

I thought Payton would be waived as well. After hearing Kaminsky was waived I was hoping Payton would be the next one to be released.

Wainright and Lundberg would have both fit nicely on the Suns roster.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should have been Payton as well. I like Frank but we need another playoff body and he wasn’t going to be in game shape. Right move.

Payton should have been right behind him though to free up another playoff roster spot.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don’t understand the boards love affair with iffe
Really? Besides having a poster that consistently is borderline obsessed with end of the bench players and the fact that we have and keep playing Elfrid Payton and you don’t see why Iffe is popular here, even sight unseen? ;)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Play-in match-ups are set in West.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let’s go clips.

Personally, I'd rather have the challenge of the Clippers than the cheap shots of Patrick Beverly.

If we can't beat the Clips we're not winning anything anyway.

If Pat Beverly goes out there breaking bones and diving through knees again we are screwed, even if we sweep them. I think he's going to play dirtier than last year, he's still pissed off.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Personally, I'd rather have the challenge of the Clippers than the cheap shots of Patrick Beverly.

If Pat Beverly goes out there breaking bones and diving through knees again we are screwed, even if we sweep them. I think he's going to play dirtier than last year, he's still pissed off.
I agree with this.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Didn't realize he touched the ball as little as he does. I very much believe he could be averaging like 30/8 if the offense ran through him more.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

If it happens at a home game I WILL be going to prison.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the Suns are undecided on who to add to their 15 man roster. It does make sense to wait until the last possible minute if an injury were to occur.

Maybe the Suns want to give Lundberg a couple more games to show what he can do.

Most in the media think it will be Wainright who will be converted from a two-way contract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson