9 wins is the ceiling....don't shoot the messenger.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Savvy on their part. Set the over/under around 9 now, sucker money in, and bank on the roster getting better. Chances are we'll have a winning record (by their rationale), so they should rake it in.

I'd bet the under and make bank.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Well, the 2 teams that played in the NFC Championship game are in our division, so there's that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the Cardinals made the playoffs. That was their goal. Now they become settlers?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
in terms of shooting the messenger:

isn't it more like 9 wins is where they are setting the over/under (likely 8.5)

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd take 9 wins and the playoffs with our schedule.

As we saw with the Niners when they come matters as much as how many.

Reactions: PJ1

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in terms of shooting the messenger:

isn't it more like 9 wins is where they are setting the over/under (likely 8.5)
I was just about to type this but saw that someone beat me to it.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
9 wins is overly optimistic to me. I don't see it with the schedule they have and what's transpired in the offseason. Looking at their schedule I have them at 5 wins. Only way I see them not being around there is if Kyler has a mega breakout year. I think we'll see an improvement out of him but not that much of an improvement.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
9 wins is overly optimistic to me. I don't see it with the schedule they have and what's transpired in the offseason. Looking at their schedule I have them at 5 wins. Only way I see them not being around there is if Kyler has a mega breakout year. I think we'll see an improvement out of him but not that much of an improvement.
Pretty much my take. Already “wait’till next year” vibes.

football karma

Reaction score
i wasnt expecting this-- says the Cards 2022 schedule is easier than the 2021 one

football karma

Reaction score
and to be clear: the Cards 2022 schedule is still hard overall -- its just from FO's perspective, instead of having a top 3 hardest schedule, it will only be top 10

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i wasnt expecting this-- says the Cards 2022 schedule is easier than the 2021 one

This is based on Vegas projections? Not sure how accurate these are.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I don't look at wins and losses being the tell all. Rather than that, I relate more to playoff and draft positions. For instance, last season it was all about the playoffs, where/who we might fall to, pass, and/or match up with.

This year, we maybe are back to the old Cardinals and their end of the season draft position. How bad will we be and how high of a draft position will we end up "winning"?

When you view the season in these ways, you always have something to keep your attention and interest. Every year it is how high of a position we earn and who we jump ahead of, whether in the playoff race or the draft race. No matter which it is, I will be rooting for them to move up the rankings so to speak. This way I'm always full invested, it's a win/win!

GO CARDINALS.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's too early to tell we don't know the makeup of our own roster entirely let alone the rest of the NFL.

That said people are also overlooking variables. We were 8-2 last year with D Hop playing and that includes the GB loss where he went into the game injured and got reinjured during the game that we barely lost, and the Rams game where he got hurt late in the game and we lost by 3 points. So 8-2 in games he played, the 2 losses were by 3 points each. So if he plays a full season next year it's entirely possible we win a similar number of games just because he missed 7 games this year.

The whole offense is better with him in there, yes we lost Kirk and Chase but the 2 biggest guys on this offense are Kyler and if they are healthy the offense is probably going to be pretty good again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson