Next years opponents

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Four potential early time slot starts (1pm on East Coast) - Detroit, Chicago, Tennessee, & Jax...possibly Cleveland too. Hopefully at least one can get bumped into the later time slot (4pm EC) or to a nite game.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Four potential early time slot starts (1pm on East Coast) - Detroit, Chicago, Tennessee, & Jax...possibly Cleveland too. Hopefully at least one can get bumped into the later time slot (4pm EC) or to a nite game.
Sucks we didnt get to the playoffs, but gotta think we get more primetime games?

Kyler vs. Trevor Lawrence seems like a potential MNF game.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I always thought it was dumb and counter productive to reduce the cap. After all the cap is only half the profitability picture. Makes more sense for owners to take a one year hit.

The NFLPA is in a corner. A $175m CAP means that a host of their veteran members will be reduced to minimum pay or out of the League. I can see a higher figure negotiated in the next few months.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/02/02/nfl-17-game-schedule-collective-bargaining-agreement-voting

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Very high possibility of no Larry or P2 on roster is going to make things quite interesting as well.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
my belief is that the schedule is less about who you play, but when you play them

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
The titans are going to destroy us. They are the polar opposite of this team. Yikes.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I hope to be on the field for the Jax game. Sadly, I think my friend(actually brother in-law now) may not be with them much longer because they may totally clean house.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
some back of the envelope 2021 schedule analysis:

NFC West.

went 2-4 in 2020. Can the team get to .500? 49ers will be better just with avg. health. Seattle the same (no first round pick). Rams likely worse (cap issues and no 1st round pick) (BTW: Sea and LAR were both top10 in terms of health this year -- their best players played).

NFC North
here is where the comp to the NFC east is tough, going 4-0 in 2020. the Lions will have a new coach and i suspect a new QB. Minn and Chi have cap issues. GB has real cap issues. It wont be 4-0, but 2-2 seems very doable.

Other NFC
Dallas and Carolina. Cards went 0-2 in these games in 2020. Seems like a place to pick up one or two games.

AFC South
Cards went 2-2 in 2020.
Jax is starting over. Texans are a 4-12 team that also have cap issues to deal with. Indy and Tenn are tough, but who will be the Colts QB? (insert obligatory Cards vs backup QB references). Just saying 2-2 isnt unreasonable.

Browns. who knows what week 17 will look like.

TK421

Veteran
Reaction score
The schedule looks intimidating. Based on how we played the last 2 games it looks like we could go 2-14 unless there are drastic moves made this offseason which involves coaching staff as well as players.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The schedule looks intimidating. Based on how we played the last 2 games it looks like we could go 2-14 unless there are drastic moves made this offseason which involves coaching staff as well as players.
Hop will ask for trade uf that happens

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Henry had 300 carries in 2019 and followed that with 378!! in 2020

bad things historically have happened to RBs after workloads like that

Henry is a freak of nature, I don't expect him producing less
But even if he were in a wheelchair, Henry would still roll for 300+ yards against our defense.

They can't grab the legs, can u imagine the wheels?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I don't think the schedule looks all that tough. It's not easy but it's not intimidating. GB is the toughest team but the Cards have fared well against them and AR. Tennessee and Indy are the next 2 toughest and their style of play makes them beatable on any week.

Chicago, Dallas, Carolina, Minny, Jax, Houston, Detroit, Cleveland shouldn't scare anybody. All those teams have issues and question marks, as do the Cardinals.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson