2020 7th round pick is Eno Benjamin RB

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No athlete at ASU no matter what sport has no idea who Pat Tillman is.

Arizona State has a statue of Pat Tillman. I know former head coach Todd Graham made Pat a centerpiece of the program.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona State has a statue of Pat Tillman. I know former head coach Todd Graham made Pat a centerpiece of the program.
His triple negative statement was a little confusing, but I believe what @Zeno meant was "Every athlete at ASU in every sport knows who Pat Tillman is."

See above.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that is what I meant--every student athlete at ASU knows who Tillman is. Typing while tired gets you every time.

Now we can get back to evaluating the running back. :mrgreen:

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I didn't read thru the 6-7 pages but I'm ok with it, it's 7th rd and fills a need, although I see a sort of Marion Grice kind of career for him. Then again he could blow up lol

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not view Eno Benjamin as a starter in the NFL but he can be a running back who can be brought in for special yardage situations and as a rotation back. He was a steal in the 7th round. He runs hard every play and has the speed to break some runs. Eno moves well laterally and has the ability to step out of tackles. My concern in the NFL, he will need to learn to avoid violent collisions because he is not afraid of contact.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I didn't read thru the 6-7 pages but I'm ok with it, it's 7th rd and fills a need, although I see a sort of Marion Grice kind of career for him. Then again he could blow up lol
My hope is that he is used like New England uses James White. I also hope he is as good as White. If not he might not make the team. As an ASU homer I am rooting for the guy.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Eno needs to clean one aspect of his game. He has pro tape and belongs in my opinion but he does something at a rate I cannot remember for a while when he scores, which is feeling compelled to get in the grill of a player he went just went through or eluded. That crap has to stop now and it's not in keeping to the Eno in the interviews. I luv the attitude for a player and especially a short stature back but his highlight reel is riddle with this confrontational behavior... no bueno taunting flags

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Darren Urban
⁦‪@Cardschatter‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

Kliff Kingsbury said Eno Benjamin hasn't been active yet because he would need to contribute on special teams as a 3rd RB.

"It's hard to be up if you're not participating in that phase. He's a talented runner, he had a good camp, and we like his future here."

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Darren Urban
⁦‪@Cardschatter‬⁩

Kliff Kingsbury said Eno Benjamin hasn't been active yet because he would need to contribute on special teams as a 3rd RB.

"It's hard to be up if you're not participating in that phase. He's a talented runner, he had a good camp, and we like his future here."

I think kk can say pretty much the same about a player next to be cut
Everything he say is just always so politically correct that should be taken with a grain salt

Last edited:
OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darren Urban
⁦‪@Cardschatter‬⁩

Then coach him up to contribute on ST's.

He has to have some value on ST's.

Also heard he lacked in blitz pick blocking.

Coaches should be working with him to improve these areas instead of trying to bring someone else in.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darren Urban
⁦‪@Cardschatter‬⁩

We need to win some games so let's give Eno an opportunity.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
They need to see what he’s got in live game. Is he rally worse than DJ Foster?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Darren Urban
⁦‪@Cardschatter‬⁩

What I don't understand is how he can't be contributing on ST's yet? He's not the biggest or fastest dude so maybe there just isn't a suitable spot for him where he's not better than a guy they already have?

At 5'9, 195 and only running 4.55 there's no ST spot thats really suitable for that size and speed. Too small and slow for gunner which would be most likely.

It's not like ST's is super hard to pick up in the 13 weeks of training he has had.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hate to say it but it seems to have been a wasted pick. There is a reason he fell to the 7th round and no one but he Cards had any interest.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Hate to say it but it seems to have been a wasted pick. There is a reason he fell to the 7th round and no one but he Cards had any interest.
I think this is a valid point. He was a 7th rounder for a reason. We actually have good special teams so putting him in just to put him in is probably not worth it. Not every late round RB is good and we know Keim has struggled drafting late round players who contribute on special teams. He generally fills those spots with UDFA or league min vets.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It's just strange that it's taking so long.

You would think the college he went to worked with him also.
Special teams at the NFL level vs the college level is a huge gap. A high % of the most talented players in college play special teams at the NFL level. In college, those teams are made up of dudes who will never sniff the NFL.