Chandler Jones injury

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Gardeck had a heck of a game but in a week or two teams will scheme him out of the conversation. CJ has had a MIA year, but he was drawing a double team almost every down, which were going to start noticing the absence of soon.

VJ get Simmons on the field. Whatever is going on, enough

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
AW did it but he wasn’t a pass rusher who uses his hands on every play.

sucks for #55 no doubt :bang:

Agreed. Did you see what Adrian Wilson's arm looked like after that? His bicep is still disformed to this day. Check out these pictures, look at his right arm

Before:
You must be registered for see images attach

After:
You must be registered for see images attach

Still functional, but he had to lose a lot of strength with the bicep muscle starting 3-4 inches further up his arm.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Gardeck might be the new Clay Matthews fan favorite.

have to say, the ST unit that he runs has been our best this year

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I know CJ had been downright awful for all 5 games this season. But CJ commanded double teams and attention from other team offenses. Superstars generally find themselves as season progresses. So It is an understatement to say this is a big loss.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not with CJ out for the year, who steps up. Gardeck had a good game but we are kidding ourselves if he is the Long term answer. Will it be filled by a rotation or is there a better option on the street

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anybody that doesn't think we're going to miss Jones is just deluding themselves IMO.

Really bummed

Yes but I think he wasn't the same player we have been lucky to watch... maybe too much praises adding the Covid pandemic and probably he didn't work enough to be in the better shape, u can have the talent but if u don't give the 100% preparing the season its difficult for everyone being impactful

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
I noticed that 55 had not been using his hands in his pass rush all year, his hand fighting is big part of his sack game, could there have been underlying issues before this injury surfaced, he seemed less than 100% all season

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I noticed that 55 had not been using his hands in his pass rush all year, his hand fighting is big part of his sack game, could there have been underlying issues before this injury surfaced, he seemed less than 100% all season
Maybe why KK was so quick to diagnose it.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It says something about CJ this year that this thread would normally have 4-5 pages already of devasted fans in any previous season.

Instead the general feeling seems to be "oh well, good luck CJ" which isn't surprising the way he's been playing.

I think we might miss him more than his on field performance warrants as teams don't have to scheme for him.

my exact sentiment. The truth is he has been invisible. It sounds so disrespectful to say bc CJ is such a legend...But will the defense really be that bad off? Based on his performance this far it feels like a loss we can still overcome as a team.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is a leader on the team and a big part of the defense being successful. Next year will be a big come back year

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
my exact sentiment. The truth is he has been invisible. It sounds so disrespectful to say bc CJ is such a legend...But will the defense really be that bad off? Based on his performance this far it feels like a loss we can still overcome as a team.

He's a loss for leadership and teams have to game plan for him, but the fact is that no, we won't miss him as we would previously because he has been largely ineffectual.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is Kennard still on roster because he has not been mentioned on this thread? I figure Kennard & Reddick will be OLB's with Gardeck backing them up.

Shame on Keim not looking taking a pass rusher in draft.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Kennard still on roster because he has not been mentioned on this thread? I figure Kennard & Reddick will be OLB's with Gardeck backing them up.

Shame on Keim not looking taking a pass rusher in draft.

He's missed last 2 games injured

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Should go after free agent almost like cards were able to use Dwight Freeney. Pickup somebody like cam wake and use him on limited snap 3rd down situations.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If you wanted to make a trade, Tak McKinley is probably available from the Falcons. It wouldn't cost much and he is a FA at the end of the year.

JJ Watt is likely available.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson