RIP Jerry Stiller

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Not sure which thread to put this in. One of the best.........

Jerry Stiller, 'Seinfeld' and 'Hairspray' Actor and Comedian, Dies at 92

Jerry Stiller, actor and comedian and father to Ben Stiller, has died of nature causes. He was 92.

Ben Stiller confirmed his father’s death in the early hours of Monday morning, writing on Twitter: “I’m sad to say that my father, Jerry Stiller, passed away from natural causes. He was a great dad and grandfather, and the most dedicated husband to Anne for about 62 years. He will be greatly missed. Love you Dad.”

After a long career performing in comedy routines with his wife Anne Meara, appearing on Broadway and guest-starring on TV series, Stiller became known for his role on “Seinfeld” as Frank Constanza, as Leah Remini’s father on “The King of Queens,” and as Zoolander’s manager in the comedy directed by Ben Stiller. He appeared in 26 episodes of “Seinfeld” as Constanza, the father of George (Jason Alexander), from 1993-98, with Estelle Harris playing his wife, Estelle. Stiller was Emmy nominated for his work on the show in 1997.

Though known as a comedian, Stiller was also a serious dramatic actor with a long history on Broadway. Long before Stiller became known for his appearances on “Seinfeld” and “The King of Queens,” Stiller and Meara, were a top comedy act in the 1960s, appearing on “The Ed Sullivan Show” some 36 times. The pair were also members of the improv group the Compass Players, which later became Second City.

Read more: https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/jerry-stiller-actor-and-comedian-dies-at-92-1234603183/

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Saw that earlier.

R.I.P.

Still one of his best scenes ever:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rest in Peace. Great career for Jerry Stiller.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just love the man. I can't count the belly laughs. RiP

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson