Chargers and Phillip Rivers are no more

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Tua or Herbert, welcome to L.A.
Now, for our own interest, we can be sure that three QB's will be drafted before our pick.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rivers was a fun qb to watch for the chargers especially with gates be interesting to see where he winds up

Gl to both parties in future

I bet herbert is a future charger

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rivers was a fun qb to watch for the chargers especially with gates be interesting to see where he winds up

Gl to both parties in future

I bet herbert is a future charger
he needs to retire. he has a noodle for an arm, no team is going to bring him as a starter, and no sense in letting him compete for a job.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I feel bad for Rivers. He put his heart into that team, and this is an unceremonious way to end his career there.

To be honest, I think he wanted out. I've heard that the situation with that soccer stadium is just embarrassing for professional football. He didn't want to leave SD, and then they never got into the stadium that made it worth a move in the first place. No fans, struggling team, a stadium that isn't yours... all bad stuff when you're at the end of your career.

I could see the Chargers being a bottom five team next year. Maybe a Trevor Lawrence contender.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
He needs to retire. Too bad he could never get the Chip, the only impact QB from that class not to do so.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And another chance Simmons will fall to the 8. Wont happen and if he’s there Keim won’t get him.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I really do not care about Rivers' career to such an extent to contemplate it too much. Yeah, I think he should have his gold jacket but I feel for Neil Lomax as a Cardinal fan instead of poor Phil never winning anything

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Easily the most overrated QB of my lifetime. All that talent to work with, especially from 06-10, is a damn shame.

Marlon McCree in 06’ and Rivers’ ACL 07’...

Also...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

No excuse for losing to the Jets though...

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Marlon McCree in 06’ and Rivers’ ACL 07’...

Also...

No excuse for losing to the Jets though...
He still played poorly in that 06 game.

07? Meh, cool moment for him I guess.

‘10 will always be hilarious to me.

Jets loss is really the epitome of his career in big moments.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Easily the most overrated QB of my lifetime. All that talent to work with, especially from 06-10, is a damn shame.
I agree. It just always seemed to be something that was missing imo. The stats were great, but it just seemed like with the game on the line or playoff birth, he rarely got it done

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
Great Fantasy football QB for along time always fun to watch. Not a QB I would ever want on a team that wants to win the big game, hopefully he just walks away it's time

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
Rivers was always a competitive QB to watch and took a lot of risks. But after last year, it looks like he's finished and should retire. Maybe he needs to go on the Tom Brady training regimen. It would be great to see the Patriots sign him and watch him drive Belichick crazy.

CardinalCovfefe

Veteran
Reaction score

Peter King is definitely leaning that way.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/17/tom-brady-philip-rivers-nfl-qbs-fmia-peter-king/

Frank Reich spent 3 years with Rivers also, so that's enough to make you sit up and take notice IMO.

Also Peter makes mention that Chris Ballard took a flyer on Brisset last season that didn't really pan out and would it be wise to do that twice?

The Colts just got through finally getting a really good O line put together to protect Luck, and that could be a recipe worth sampling.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Rivers fan and he needs to retire. He was really good two seasons ago but his cliff was always going to be steep.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson