Cardinals sign CFL QB Chris Streveler

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Long shot if he make to the training camp but I think is a type of player will be more used in the future

Last edited:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Potential King of the Wildcats! He was considered a fringe prospect from South Dakota. He first failed to gain the starting job at Minnesota before transferring to SD. He has a big arm, but is not accurate or good at ball placement. He’s fast at 4.40 and strong. Miami brought him in last week but did not offer him. Word is he was viewed as strictly a Wildcat guy. I guess the Cards could see him running gimmick plays on fourth and short or goal line situations. It’s hard to give up a roster spot to someone who can only offer a highly limited role. He’s much weaker than Hundley. I’ve got more notes on him, but I don’t see him as more than a long shot.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Potential King of the Wildcats! He was considered a fringe prospect from South Dakota. He first failed to gain the starting job at Minnesota before transferring to SD. He has a big arm, but is not accurate or good at ball placement. He’s fast at 4.40 and strong. Miami brought him in last week but did not offer him. Word is he was viewed as strictly a Wildcat guy. I guess the Cards could see him running gimmick plays on fourth and short or goal line situations. It’s hard to give up a roster spot to someone who can only offer a highly limited role. He’s much weaker than Hundley. I’ve got more notes on him, but I don’t see him as more than a long shot.
I read where they may view him as a Taysom Hill type...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
In Mitch's defense he was easily the first person to say Leinart was gone.

He was alluding to Leinart getting cut before training camp, and everyone thought it was another one of his far fetched ideas.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Where’s Mitch to tell us that he’s the QBoF and some hidden gem we unearthed?

I was just going to write this. There will surely be an article on ROTB today saying how he's the next Taysom Hill etc etc only for him to be cut.

This guy isn't here to compete for backup QB.

He's an athletic big bodied runner similar to Taysom Hill that at best is a gadget / ST guy. They are going to play with him in camp and see if he can contribute on ST's first and foremost and take it from there. About 20 to 1 odds he makes the final 53. But QB is probably the 3rd thing on the list he needs to be good at.

Sometimes he is too optimistic
Mitch just love the underdog effect

He loves an underdog and hates a "diva". It's why he hates on P2 so much and why he didn't like Rosen before he got to know the kid more. He can't stand anyone he deems as "privileged". I'm guessing he had to put up with his fair share of self indulgent kids with rich parents as a teacher and coach.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In Mitch's defense he was easily the first person to say Leinart was gone.

He was alluding to Leinart getting cut before training camp, and everyone thought it was another one of his far fetched ideas.
Wrong. I got destroyed on here for two years for telling everyone Leinart was trash and would never make it from the moment we drafted him. It still blows my mind how people didn’t see what was so blatantly obvious.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been hot opn the trail of Easton Stick , currently on the Chargers roster. Streveler seems to be in the same mold. IMNSHO Taysom Hill will be a long time Saint and their starter eventually. The NFL new flavor are the hybrid QBs.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Steveler is fun to watch as a runner. He's not much of a QB but for a good sized guy he accelerates quick, doesn't mind running over people or carrying a guy on his back.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BIG YAWN. I’d say it’s a 99% chance he doesn’t even make the practice squad.

lol When I read ROTB there were so many articles on there from Mitch about some JAG we just signed that was going to be the next great thing and they would be cut within days. I jokingly started calling it Walters Curse which didn't go down well. He's a bit sensitive.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
lol When I read ROTB there were so many articles on there from Mitch about some JAG we just signed that was going to be the next great thing and they would be cut within days. I jokingly started calling it Walters Curse which didn't go down well. He's a bit sensitive.
That is why he is over there and no longer here. Which is too bad because his reads were at the very least entertaining, well written and always generated discussions, regardless of how much you disagreed with the premise.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Mark Twain said once you know the truth, you are allowed to stretch the facts which is what one does who writes fiction which has a foundation to keep it plausible no matter the boundaries. This is what Mitch does, uses facts and blends them into fiction which is how he writes about sports. Before any articles he writes they need to start with a disclaimer that this is a article based on actual events and not the actual events themselves. Mitch is a great guy who loves the underdog and the establish success of the athlete usually gets the brunt of his angst except for the Patriots because he needs a Camelot for his Romantic style of writing about sports. It makes for good writing, it's dramatic, but not the truth and this is where I cannot follow the guy because I come to sites for info and not artistic freedom of expression... I leave that part to my comical attempts of actually trying to be accurate when talking about the Cards, though Mitch is far smarter than I am about football lol

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the athletic QB, RPO etc. is continuing to redefine itself - so-called "gadget" plays will become more a part of each playbook's mainstream.

What we know now as pocket passers will redefine themselves as "good passers but too slow."

Given the projected short shelf life of mobile QB's, I have no problem stacking our QB roster position 3 or 4-deep in guys who can move and throw on the move.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have been hot opn the trail of Easton Stick , currently on the Chargers roster. Streveler seems to be in the same mold. IMNSHO Taysom Hill will be a long time Saint and their starter eventually. The NFL new flavor are the hybrid QBs.

Hill is almost 30 because of his Mormon mission and college years. I doubt he will be a "long time" Saint. How they play him will eventually catch up to him physically IMO. He was pretty banged up in college. He is fun to watch though.

Streveler will probably be camp fodder and not much else. But, if not, I am willing to be pleasantly surprised :)