Chris Moore WR Signed

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last 3 years' receiving stats:

Rondale Moore:
39 games, 23 starts, 182 targets, 135 catches (74.2%), 1201 yards (8.9 y/c), 3 TDs, 51 1D, 46.7% success rate.

Chris Moore:
45 games, 13 starts, 131 targets, 91 catches (69.5%), 1199 yards (13.2 y/c), 4 TDs, 46 1D, ~50.4% success rate.

So basically, Chris had almost identical production to Rondale on far fewer targets, while being healthier, taller, and much more of a downfield threat.

But, without Rondale's rushing stats, and he's 30 years old vs. 23.

Seems as though he can be expected to be a more useful piece of the offense than Moore has been, at least for a year.

Last edited:

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Not much more than a roster filler...probably a #4or #5 receiver. Not unlike our signing of Trystan Colon, Wilkinson or other deep on the depth chart guys.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like this signing assuming it's for little money. Moore is a role player that's proven a useful tool on 3rd down. I don't know if you can call him a 4 or 5. I expect he will get most of his reps on 3rd and long.

He's a good blocker though too.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Johnny Wilson is the kind of guy I could see the Cards being really enamored with in the 3rd round if they end up taking a second WR relatively early in the draft.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Johnny Wilson is the kind of guy I could see the Cards being really enamored with in the 3rd round if they end up taking a second WR relatively early in the draft.
He’s a decent possession WR with an excellent catch radius. He wasn’t as good a red zone target as you’d expect considering his height. He was also somewhat injury prone during his career. I think he may go too early, like round 3, but if he lasts til 4 he’d be worth the risk.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I like the Moore acquisition. I like the Moore dump as well. This guy is an upgrade over Pascal, who should be sent packing. Moore is just depth, but he’s useful depth and should be adequate filling in for injuries and being the fourth wideout. I’m expecting the Cards’ first choice will be a WR though not certain it’s Harrison if they trade down. They likely will acquire another receiver either mid-draft or a free agent that’s cut. They seem to be counting on Wilson’s late season effort that indicated he might be ready to contribute more.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He’s a decent possession WR with an excellent catch radius. He wasn’t as good a red zone target as you’d expect considering his height. He was also somewhat injury prone during his career. I think he may go too early, like round 3, but if he lasts til 4 he’d be worth the risk.
What's crazy is his agility drills show he's a true WR and not one of those big guys you look at as a TE convert.

I'm always leery of WRs that take awhile to be good in college though.

I know the board will laugh at this suggestion because of his size, but I'd take Malik Washington later in the draft. He's a short guy, but he was one of the best receivers in college football at beating man coverage.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard