Who would you take at 8?

Who do you want regardless of FA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I have these 7 coming off the board, so NOT available for purposes of this poll.

Burrow
Herbert
Okudah
Simmons
Tagoviloa
Wills
Young

You can vote for any two.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I feel the selected player list is a little arbitrary, but in this situation, with all kinds of potential calamity, I'm taking Andrew Thomas. Hump could be gone, we could have ignored RT, whatever it may be, but I'm investing in who I think is the best OT.

OP
OP
WildBB

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I feel the selected player list is a little arbitrary, but in this situation, with all kinds of potential calamity, I'm taking Andrew Thomas. Hump could be gone, we could have ignored RT, whatever it may be, but I'm investing in who I think is the best OT.
There could be a player who falls out of the top 7, but yes, they're who I think have the greatest chances to be picked up there as of today.

You can pick up to two ~ or name *other. ;)

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I voted Thomas, true to my invest in the OL approach

I reserve the right to change as the relative order of OTs changes

btw:

the fact that there are 8 legit players to choose from says a trade down is a good strategy if it presents itself

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I thought we could get Mekhi Becton in rd 2 30 days ago but now he might be a top 15 pick.

He will blow away the combine...on the Mekhi Becton bandwagon right now.

I also didn't think Thomas would drop to our pick, so haven't spent anytime watching him play.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Results are simple so far. K'Laon Chaisson has received no votes which means... 1) we are going to draft him 2) we will not draft him and he will be the one Hall of Famer out of the bunch :raccoon:

I would consider Chaisson if:

The Cardinals had an established offensive line and Okudah is off the board. Dude has some freak bend and speed.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Derrick Brown is the best value at #8...The premier pass rusher in the draft who can make an immediate impact.

Side note, I would take Jeudy over Lamb. After watching the tape I think Jeudy is going to be a special player...He is extremely shifty after the catch...He makes a lot of defenders miss.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cant get me off the Wirfs train...though Becton might be the closing the gap more than anyone else. I like Derrick Brown the most, but I know we need to protect Murray.
Ross Blacklock in the 2nd round >>>>

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Cant get me off the Wirfs train...though Becton might be the closing the gap more than anyone else. I like Derrick Brown the most, but I know we need to protect Murray.
I can't think of anything better than letting Murray operate behind a dominant O-Line. You and others probably have a better vibe on the prospects than I do, but I love any investment in making sure he succeeds.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ross Blacklock in the 2nd round >>>>
You may be right, but I have been interested in drafting Derrick Brown for two years now. He is dominant when he gets going. He destroyed Alabama. It is tough to project defensive linemen, but I still think he is going to be a monster at the NFL level. I am curious where Blacklock would have been ranked if he didn't miss last season. I don't think Kinlaw is close to Brown.

I think Jordan Elliott will be a player. 3rd or 4th round guy IMO.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think Derrick Brown is the best value at #8...The premier pass rusher in the draft who can make an immediate impact.

Side note, I would take Jeudy over Lamb. After watching the tape I think Jeudy is going to be a special player...He is extremely shifty after the catch...He makes a lot of defenders miss.

Agree :raccoon:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't think of anything better than letting Murray operate behind a dominant O-Line. You and others probably have a better vibe on the prospects than I do, but I love any investment in making sure he succeeds.

This.

Everything we have should go into the O line and front 7. I'd invest the top 4 draft picks and all FA money in those areas. Kyler has already shown what he can do behind a bad O line. Imagine what he can do behind a good one. Not only passing but running.

Ultimately I don't know if Becton is a fit because I think Kliff would want linemen that can work in space and get out in front of Kyler. From what I have seen of 370lb Becton while he is athletic for his size that doesn't seem to be his game. But I did vote for him because you can't teach what he has. Becton or Wirfs for me.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Ultimately I don't know if Becton is a fit because I think Kliff would want linemen that can work in space and get out in front of Kyler. From what I have seen of 370lb Becton while he is athletic for his size that doesn't seem to be his game. But I did vote for him because you can't teach what he has. Becton or Wirfs for me.

I don't know either but Kliff did recruit Terrance Steele at TT (started as a RS freshman LT and RT). He is 6-6/310 but doesn't move nearly as well as Becton.

There just aren't many guys Becton's size.

Imagine Becton at LT and Cordy Glenn (your trade option) at RT next year. Both guys for less than what we would be paying Humphries.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson