Kingsbury...probably nothing

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I was at a local bar/restaurant yesterday to watch the first half of Minny/SF. I overheard this couple say they were in town from Arizona(woman had on a Chiefs jersey). I struck up a conversation with them on how they should be Cards fans.
Turns out they're good friends with KK. The guy then made a very interesting comment:
He said he hopes they give Kliff at least another year if they struggle this year. They really like KK and say he's great guy.

Of course, with them being friends with him, I didn't mention my disdain for the hiring of KK, but thought that was interesting that was one of the first things the guy said.

Probably is nothing but wonder if he is on a "warm" coaching seat to start next year.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
agree its likely nothing.

maybe the way to think about this is: what would have to happen next year for the team to let KK go?

it would have to be something way, way more than not enough wins: Team mutiny, serious ethical lapse, etc.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
agree its likely nothing.

maybe the way to think about this is: what would have to happen next year for the team to let KK go?

it would have to be something way, way more than not enough wins: Team mutiny, serious ethical lapse, etc.
Exactly. What you said

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
12 head coaches have been replaced in the last two years. It’s reality in the NFL. I look at his ( second hand words) as a burning desire to succeed.

I don’t think we can fill all the holes we have this year to think playoffs. All the stars in the universe would have to line up for that to happen. Not making the playoffs equates failure. Failure invokes change.

bottom line is this team would have to fall off the cliff for KK’s. Job to be jeopardized.

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
A first time NFL coach had us from the worst 32nd offense ever to 9th 3 quarters into the season with a rookie QB and I think we finished 12th?

I’d let him grow and give him at least 3 years.

Last year Harbaugh was on the edge of firing and then everyone loved him during the year and now they’re back to hating him showing he has the same record as Jason Garrett last some years.

People wanna churn coaches like the browns over and over.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think it’s nothing. I think they were talking about it more as friends of KK rather than actual football talk. Assuming they’re chiefs fans, they don’t know the full cardinals back story coming into the season. All they know is what KK has done and being a 5 win team isn’t a good start. I think we’d have to regress substantially and then no ones job would be safe.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was at a local bar/restaurant yesterday to watch the first half of Minny/SF. I overheard this couple say they were in town from Arizona(woman had on a Chiefs jersey). I struck up a conversation with them on how they should be Cards fans.
Turns out they're good friends with KK. The guy then made a very interesting comment:
He said he hopes they give Kliff at least another year if they struggle this year. They really like KK and say he's great guy.

Of course, with them being friends with him, I didn't mention my disdain for the hiring of KK, but thought that was interesting that was one of the first things the guy said.

Probably is nothing but wonder if he is on a "warm" coaching seat to start next year.
of course it's possible they don't know him and were lying. It's been done before

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm surprised by the overall sentiment. I'd think unless we get to at least 7-9, Keim's going to be very much on the hot seat, and then a new GM would have to evaluate Kliff.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably more a concern by the couple than based on anything tangible.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm surprised by the overall sentiment. I'd think unless we get to at least 7-9, Keim's going to be very much on the hot seat, and then a new GM would have to evaluate Keim.

Agree, I think Keim will be more on the hot seat than KK .

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant to say that the new GM would be evaluating Kliff.

If Keim goes, I could see Kliff going with him as a full reset button.
No way. Remember we are talking about Bidwill. Adrian Wilson would probably be given a chance to fill the void if Keim is fired( more than likely reassigned). Wilson would be on board with KK for at least 1 more year.

I don’t care how rich Bidwill is I don’t think he would be thrilled with paying 3 coaching staffs in 2021. He will give this staff time even with the smallest increments of success.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i cant speak to Keim, but absent something disastrous happening, i think it would a terrible move to change out this coaching staff

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
With a hopefully improved roster next season KK should not be in any danger, but he needs to at least equal this year's 5 win record. With a healthy Murray next year, if he has a 3 or 4 win season, he deservedly should be canned. A good head coach won't take a step back in year 2 with a talented second year QB and a team that was competitive in almost every game this past season.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think he gets 3 years unless the wheels come off the bus.

All of this will probably be dependent on K1's improvement though.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really believe that Solar has this nailed. If we don't win 8 games next year Keim has to be gone.

It's not KK on the hot seat but the guy that hired him.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
And with Dorsey available....... I have no clue why we wouldn't call him for a high level position for the draft.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
If Keim goes, I think Kingsbury goes with him.
Yeah think this is a package deal when you go out on a limb to hire a coach, MB probably already knows this is a 2-3 year high risk/ high reward if it fails complete overhaul.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson