Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

·
5m

One reason #Bama QB Tua Tagovailoa declared for the NFL Draft: I’m told his visit to NY to get an update on his medical situation was all positive. He has more tests at 12 and 16 weeks, but he got a solid
before saying he was NFL bound.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I read many think he is Mid-first round at best now.
If he clears medical and works out, he'll be top 5. But concerns could place him there.

I thought since he was coming out for this press conference with Saban that there might be a last minute change, but glad he's coming out.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:bigyawn::bigyawn::bigyawn::bigyawn: and ESPN carried a "special " program for this. The Dolphins are having a party in their pants. Left handed broken worn out QB replacing a 37 year old pudgy hobo with loose dentures QB ( courtesy of Dan leBatard show crew) .

Joe Burrows and then the rest. Next year it is Trevor Lawrence and the rest. Good for Tua. Some team will throw $$$$$ his way.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Only good for Cards if Tua goes in the top seven. I would not draft him but someone will.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Draft him and let him sit for a year if your the Dolphins.

he’s going before we’re up thank god. Somebody just got pushed down

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Wow the people thinking he’s a top 5 pick are crazy. Maybe if he was healthy....

The hype machine is insane. The dude is injury prone, currently injured, and threw to the best group of WRs in college football.

The backup QB, Mac Jones came in and the production was almost the same. After Tua’s injury, Mac Jones (excluding vs Western Carolina) averaged 331 yards/game, threw a total of 7 TDs and 2 INTs vs Auburn and Michigan.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draft him and let him sit for a year if your the Dolphins.

he’s going before we’re up thank god. Somebody just got pushed down
so the new O C ,Chan Gailey, who is Fitzpatricks buddy and hasn't had an NFL job in 3 years, can mentor Tua. :doi:

Draft order;

1. Bengals take Burrows
2. Redskins have Haskins and will draft Young
3. Lions allready have a broken Stafford
4. Giants drafted Danny Jones last year
5. Dolphins are stupid enough
6. Chargers could rumored to eyeball JUstin Herbert
7. Panthers have 3 qbs but could take Tua

Last edited:

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wow the people thinking he’s a top 5 pick are crazy. Maybe if he was healthy....

The hype machine is insane. The dude is injury prone, currently injured, and threw to the best group of WRs in college football.

The backup QB, Mac Jones came in and the production was almost the same. After Tua’s injury, Mac Jones (excluding vs Western Carolina) averaged 331 yards/game, threw a total of 7 TDs and 2 INTs vs Auburn and Michigan.

Bro, His injury had him out much of the year, but he came into this season the consensus #1 overall pick this coming draft. Burrow came on strong all year, and pushed himself into contention as well, but Tua did nothing to lose draft stock. His injury will worry some, but if the medicals are solid, then yep, he's going early, even if a quarterback needy team moves up to get him. It's what GM's under pressure do.

Last edited:

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
so the new O C ,Chan Gailey, who is Fitzpatricks buddy and hasn't had an NFL job in 3 years, can mentor Tua. :doi:

Draft order;

1. Bengals take Burrows
2. Redskins have Haskins and will draft Young
3. Lions allready have a broken Stafford
4. Giants drafted Danny Jones last year
5. Dolphins are stupid enough
6. Chargers could rumored to eyeball JUstin Herbert
7. Panthers have 3 qbs but could take Tua
It wouldn't be a surprise to me if the Lions took a QB , I have no idea what they want but it wouldn't surprise me

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

·
5m

One reason #Bama QB Tua Tagovailoa declared for the NFL Draft: I’m told his visit to NY to get an update on his medical situation was all positive. He has more tests at 12 and 16 weeks, but he got a solid
before saying he was NFL bound.

Or rather with his injury history, he cannot afford getting hurt again in college which might prevent him from getting a top ten draft paycheck as a pro at least once

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
My wife just suffered a proximal fracture of the humerus. I immediately used my network to communicate with some of the best Orthos around. There are odd similarities to Tua’s injury. In Tua case the leg came free without breaking the top of the bone. The big concern with my wife’s injury and his is the blood supply to the bone. In both cases it’s unknown if it’s been impaired. It takes about 8 weeks to be confident it hasn’t. If it has then the bone end literally dies. My wife would need a shoulder replacement. Tua would need a new hip. If all goes well, there may be no impairment. I’m more concerned about my wife but hopefully both recoveries go well.

Last edited:

PlanoCard

Rookie
Reaction score
Only good for Cards if Tua goes in the top seven. I would not draft him but someone will.

It certainly helps the most if he goes top 7, but either way it pushes a better player to us even if it's our second rounders and beyond if he goes anywhere in the first round. He will go top 7 if the doctors think he's going to be ok so this is great news for sure.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson