Have you prepared yourself for Murray missing ROY?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This is an honest question; they were discussing this on the Ringer NFL show this morning. The consensus there is that Oakland RB Josh Jacobs (1152 yards, 7 TDs, 11th in DYAR) will win NFL Rookie of the year. Vegas has Josh Jacobs as the -170 favorite; Kyler is +180.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
They (the Ringer) have been on Jacob's junk all year. And I don't totally agree with them.

However, I think Kyler may not win it. Lot's of good players to choose from. AJ Brown, JJ, & K1 all can make a case.

Also, a RB has won the award 3 out of the past 4 years. No Lamar, no Mahomes, no Watson.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The Ringer tends to be very inflexible, much like its owner, Bill Simmons. They hone in on one guy and don’t stop pimping him until he’s dead.
Jacobs hasn’t practiced this week and may not play. The fact that Murray is practicing shows that he is more than likely to play. If Murray has a good game, it shouldn’t be open for discussion.

Either way, it’s a moot point. You don’t a draft player to win ROY. You draft them to be long-term answers.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
They (the Ringer) have been on Jacob's junk all year. And I don't totally agree with them.

However, I think Kyler may not win it. Lot's of good players to choose from. AJ Brown, JJ, & K1 all can make a case.

Also, a RB has won the award 3 out of the past 4 years. No Lamar, no Mahomes, no Watson.

Well, Mahomes started 1 game his rookie season, and he won MVP in his second year.

Deshaun Watson started 6 games his rookie year. He was incandescent, but he also went on IR in the middle of the year with a non-contact knee injury.

Lamar Jackson only started 7 games, completed less than 60% of his passes, and was widely clowned on this board throughout the offseason.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The Ringer tends to be very inflexible, much like its owner, Bill Simmons. They hone in on one guy and don’t stop pimping him until he’s dead.
Jacobs hasn’t practiced this week and may not play. The fact that Murray is practicing shows that he is more than likely to play. If Murray has a good game, it shouldn’t be open for discussion.

Either way, it’s a moot point. You don’t a draft player to win ROY. You draft them to be long-term answers.

So if Murray plays 16 games, that's the difference-maker for you on a year-long award? Weird, but okay.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
So if Murray plays 16 games, that's the difference-maker for you on a year-long award? Weird, but okay.

No. I’m saying that if Murray plays and Jacobs doesn’t, Murray has a chance at augmenting his case for ROY with a good game

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Lamar and Watson played half their rookie seasons? Mahomes only 1 or 2 games to end his rookie year. Kylers a different category having started every game.

I think the award will go to either AJ or Jacobs. But I believe Murray is the better choice. While those obviously impacted their teams and their teams were more successful, no position carries as much weight as QB and Murray was thrown into the deep immediately and didn’t drown. Heck he ran for almost half the yards that Jacobs did. And AJ might not eclipse 1,000 yards.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rams/Steelers games hurt his chances imo.

Getting hurt vs. the Seahawks hurt his chance to put up more #s as well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm good with it no matter how it comes out. Murray has proved his worth.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, someone has to be Devils advocate:

No, I am not prepared for Kyler to not win it. If he loses it will be the greatest injustice of the century. If he loses it will be cocktail time.... Molotov style.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Great young running back and a great young quarterback, both are deserving... they could select either one and get it right :raccoon:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson