How Did KM Play?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
For someone who didn't get to see a single snap, how was his game? Numbers don't look bad. Doesn't look like he needed to do much, really. I remember seeing the INT on a game tracker and thinking it was a bad moment for it, but whose fault was it? Thanks for the info, whoever replies :)

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Very accurate on intermediate throws and took off when the opportunity came up. It was an excellent bounce back performance after last week and before next week.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
For someone who didn't get to see a single snap, how was his game? Numbers don't look bad. Doesn't look like he needed to do much, really. I remember seeing the INT on a game tracker and thinking it was a bad moment for it, but whose fault was it? Thanks for the info, whoever replies :)

The pic was a pretty bad pass. His td pass was really on the mark. I thought he had a good game.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He looked poised from the 1st snap. Not afraid to run at all. His pic looked underthrown.. Maybe he didn't recognize the underneath coverage. I wish they could find a way for him to make a deep throw.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pick was bad he either didn't see the LB or misjudged being able to get it by or over him. But he otherwise played quite well. Was aggressive running the ball, at one point he was 16-20 and 2 of the incompletions were throwaways and he had the INT. I think the only other incomplete at that time was a deep shot to Fitz that Fitz tried to haul in against double coverage with one hand but even Fitz wasn't good enough to get it.

He even broke a tackle on a run today.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The pick was bad he either didn't see the LB or misjudged being able to get it by or over him. But he otherwise played quite well. Was aggressive running the ball, at one point he was 16-20 and 2 of the incompletions were throwaways and he had the INT. I think the only other incomplete at that time was a deep shot to Fitz that Fitz tried to haul in against double coverage with one hand but even Fitz wasn't good enough to get it.

He even broke a tackle on a run today.
Not just cause its backed up by QBR, but I think it was his best overall game. Didn't pile up TDs, but really was just one throw lacking touch from a great game.

Now we'll see how he does against the Seahawks/Rams....2 of his worst games of the year.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the int I think he underestimated the athletic ability of the lb. wasn’t a terrible throw.

Over all he was very poised throughout the game. Was under Center more than every other game mostly because of the game situation.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So it sounds pretty good overall, with some alleviation of the scrambling/throwing it away problems, with a lingering problem that he can't go downfield. Thanks guys!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it sounds pretty good overall, with some alleviation of the scrambling/throwing it away problems, with a lingering problem that he can't go downfield. Thanks guys!

He did have a play when we kicked the FG late where he was looking to run, wasn't going to make it, and sailed it out of the end zone rather than trying to zip it in to the TE in a lot of traffic. Plus, liked how he shook of the INT to lead a long drive for the TD at the end of the half.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He played well within an extremely protective game plan and in the context of an exceptional running game.

He made some legit elite NFL throws and had the benefit of a lead the entire game. About as good conditions as you could hope for as a rookie QB, but he excelled within that context.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is the type of performance that people on this board have wanted to see. He looked like an NFL QB. He threw the ball down the field. He stood in the pocket confidently. He made good decisions for most of the game. He can beat the crap out of bad defenses which is step one IMO.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyler looked a lot more physical today than he has all season.

He ran tough and made the best tackle of the day

Maybe he's been reading here

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This and second Niners games are the feathers in his cap so far.

I agree, the pick was Murray underestimating the LB Wilson's athletic ability. If he throw a bit farther it was out of Wilson's reach, but Wilson snagged it like a receiver. Murray made a nice tackle at least lol.

This was how the Seahawks played under Wilson his first few years: run the ball well and not make Wilson be the onus for failure. Games like this work to build his confidence.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I got stuck in a bar in San Diego where being able to see the game was a bit of a chore, but for what I got to watch clearly, he looked strong. As we argue into the future about his production in terms of scoring, I'm going to do my best to caveat that he probably had plenty of opportunities to put up points in this game, but didn't need to, as Drake really took advantage of every opportunity.

The pick was bad, but he didn't droop on account of it. I thought we might struggle to finish, but this was a really nice win, and I loved Kyler's effort on the longer run. I can question everything in the world about the kid, but if he gets to play football without everything breaking down around him, I think he'll impress.

The Browns are a total coaching mess, but this game saved my sanity.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Kyler looked a lot more physical today than he has all season.

He ran tough and made the best tackle of the day

Maybe he's been reading here

That was a big change...the physicality of his running. He didn't get knocked down easily and ran through contact.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
He had a very solid performance. Which is kind of obvious since the posters who seemed to be gloating after he struggled for two weeks are a bit quieter after this game.

He got his kudos for a solid performance.As for gloating ..I don`t know anyone who is happy after a beatdown and a poor performance.
Since the combined record of the teams the Cards have beat is 15-41 pardon me if I don`t jump up and cheer.KM played a good solid game,the rushing offense was good,the OLINE was good and the defense played fairly well.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
These guys look the same height

You must be registered for see images attach
Due to camera angle.

You must be registered for see images attach

Now compare to the the RW jersey swap and they are about the same height with RW being bigger.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson