Cap Ramifications if DJ Retires

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I 100% believe his wife wanting him to retire after the knee is in his head thus the perceived lack of effort and lack of production. He is walking a tightrope most other players don't seem to be walking.

There will be those who will scream he should retire now but I believe he is at war within himself about this. That explains why sometimes he shows glimpses of old David and other times shows glimpses of conflicted David.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Well written article

Reality is DJ's been checked out for 3 years. It screams 'self preservation' when he's on the field.
The battle that is the football field isn't for him anymore. While he shows up and puts on the gear, his heart isn't in it....and it shows.
As a RB you should WANT to drive the defense backwards....if there is contact PUSH THEM not them push you.
DJ runs....no jogs to areas and unless there's a grand canyon gap he won't hit it.
He's lost his speed too. Ya'll had to see where he had an open catch and was able to turn it upfield a few games ago....damn he was slow. As he was jogging he kept looking left and right for contact coming.

Put a fork in him...he's done

Beanie 2.0

I take no joy in writing how he's given up ....it's Caddyshack 2....we had hope, but it's over now.