Week 10-Arizona Cardinals @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Pregame thread.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Offensive rankings - PPG:

ARZ = 19th (21.7 per game)

TB = 4th (28.8 per game)

Defensive rankings - PPG:

ARZ = 29th (27.9 per game)

TB = 31st (31.5 per game)

What's weird is that they are number one (in yards per game) against the run, but still 31st in points allowed.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This will be a telling game. If we can win this, it will tell us much about the team and the QB position. Maybe even about the D.

But for now, for me this is a very difficult game and there is many things that go against us. We will see, but TB should have a way better score than us.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Here is another shootout for Kyler. I expect Peterson on Evans and Murphy on Godwin. Vance will want to force Arians to use the TEs and RBs in the passing game.

If Kyler doesn't produce vs this defense, that will not be good. Kirk should have a huge day. Fitz should draw attention. Our RBs vs their LBs will be interesting. Isabella may be the difference because he will have a plus matchup similar to Lockett.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
With 10 days to prepare and getting back David Johnson, Kyler and Kliff better win this game. oh wait, they are playing a 2-6 team? Oh Yeah, Cardinals need to win this one. No excuses/

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Offensive rankings - PPG:

ARZ = 19th (21.7 per game)

TB = 4th (28.8 per game)

Defensive rankings - PPG:

ARZ = 29th (27.9 per game)

TB = 31st (31.5 per game)

What's weird is that they are number one (in yards per game) against the run, but still 31st in points allowed.

Yeah, but we also shredded the 9ers phenomenal run defense. Our running game is different than most teams are used to, so we need to take advantage. I expect success especially when both Drake and DJ are on the field together.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Metcalf and Evans blew up the Seahawks. If you play man, Bucs see who Peterson covers and throw to the other one. If Murphy doesn’t hold up they can’t play man. If they can’t play man they can’t blitz very often. BA will hit 40+.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
BA tends to suck when facing his previous team.... he did it here when we played pitt...made questionable coaching decisions and lost the game...
that works in our favor

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
BA tends to suck when facing his previous team.... he did it here when we played pitt...made questionable coaching decisions and lost the game...
that works in our favor
I was at the game in 2013, BAs 1st season, when the Cards took the Colts to the woodshed...40-11.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was at the game in 2013, BAs 1st season, when the Cards took the Colts to the woodshed...40-11.

Yeah, "tends to suck" is quite an extrapolation given that Arians was 0-1 vs. the Steelers & 2-0 vs. the Colts.. .

...dbs

Reactions: HGC

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ill be in mexico and likely miss this unless I find a local bar playing it. Its a biker rally weekend so even then the local bars might be packed. I do not know yet if bars out there feature cardinal games because of the massive AZ tourism they get but I wouldnt be surprised to find cowboys games on or something.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
This game is going to solely depend on which Jameis Winston shows up on Sunday

Got picked off five times in their 2nd game against CAR.

They are 2-6, and their season is circling the drain. If we can just find some way to frustrate him early, maybe he'll mail the rest of the game in.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Here is another shootout for Kyler. I expect Peterson on Evans and Murphy on Godwin. Vance will want to force Arians to use the TEs and RBs in the passing game.

If Kyler doesn't produce vs this defense, that will not be good. Kirk should have a huge day. Fitz should draw attention. Our RBs vs their LBs will be interesting. Isabella may be the difference because he will have a plus matchup similar to Lockett.
OJ Howard due back this week. That’s a big problem for us.

conversely we should be able to:

Use our TEs against them.

gain advantages on special teams. We should be blocking punts and kicks and getting big returns as long as we don’t get our obligatory holding or block in the back penalties that haunt our return team.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OJ Howard due back this week. That’s a big problem for us.

conversely we should be able to:

Use our TEs against them.

gain advantages on special teams. We should be blocking punts and kicks and getting big returns as long as we don’t get our obligatory holding or block in the back penalties that haunt our return team.
how funny will it be if their special teams loses it/our special teams wins it

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
how funny will it be if their special teams loses it/our special teams wins it
If we win I expect that to play an integral role.

if we somehow lose due to special teams I will be forever convinced that the cardinals are actually god’s cruel joke.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson