TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Check out this game vs Utah

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I've asked this question in a ROTB story. It seems that part of the reasons why so many Cardinals' fans like Murphy is because he's from Arizona and plays a position of need. But what would have happened if NE had not drafted Harry with the last pick of the first round?

I think the Cardinals legitimately had a higher grade on Murphy than Harry. CB is inherently harder to find good players.

Murphy has Pro Bowl potential. His game is predicated on skill and instincts. His feel for the game is fantastic.

The Cardinals had top ten grade on Murphy supposedly, and I can see it.

Frank The Fixer

Veteran
Reaction score
Murphy’s a stud and potentially a lockdown corner who doesn’t shy away from contact. He’s exactly what this teams needed across from PP21 for a very long time. Being coached at what’s becoming defensive back U doesn’t hurt.
Very happy with the selection

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hated the pick when it was made but after time if the #1 CB in the draft is sitting there you have to take him. Especially when he comes from a school that’s getting a reputation for produce great secondary players and we need a CB.

No doubt if Harry was there he would have been the pick but it could be a blessing in disguise

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Murphy’s a stud and potentially a lockdown corner who doesn’t shy away from contact. He’s exactly what this teams needed across from PP21 for a very long time. Being coached at what’s becoming defensive back U doesn’t hurt.
Very happy with the selection

For the foreseeable future, he's CB3 and precisely what we need underneath in our nickel packages. We also added Thompson (FS) for our Dime coverages.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I hated the pick when it was made but after time if the #1 CB in the draft is sitting there you have to take him. Especially when he comes from a school that’s getting a reputation for produce great secondary players and we need a CB.

No doubt if Harry was there he would have been the pick but it could be a blessing in disguise

Why hate the pick? Really good corners are worth wins.

He was hands down BPA at that point.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He's legit. Don't worry about his 40 time. He's much faster than that. He was trained wrong and lost a tenth or so from rising up too fast.

You don't run a 40 when playing football. Some guys get trained better and some don't. But on the field, the slower guy in the 40 can be faster.

Aeneas Williams and Richard Sherman are not burners but have great instincts, something "I'm in the right place but cannot turn and do anything" Brandon Williams does not have, but Murphy does and I agree he should work out :raccoon:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I could be wrong Garthshort, but it sounds like to me that the Cardinal's sprinted up to the podium to turn in the Murphy pick, and I don't think they would have played it any differently.

Again, just my gut feeling.
I agree. If they had Murphy rated 6th overall I’m convinced they had him rated higher than Harry.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ford is probably a guard. If Ford becomes a good guard and Murphy becomes a good corner, who has a bigger impact on the game? Murphy.

Draft difference makers high.

Yes...I know.

The whole point of my post was mad at the time thought about it and it was the right pick to make.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Cardinals legitimately had a higher grade on Murphy than Harry. CB is inherently harder to find good players.

Murphy has Pro Bowl potential. His game is predicated on skill and instincts. His feel for the game is fantastic.

The Cardinals had top ten grade on Murphy supposedly, and I can see it.
PFF ranked Murphy #6 on their BPA big board.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, he was a bust. Everybody thinking it was a good pick at the time doesn't change that fact.

Hindsight is 20/20 you can only judge the pick at the time it was made. Nobody knows who’s going to be bust and who’s not. The draft is a crap shoot. Look at the guys drafted behind Cooper in the top ten. All bust.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Josh Jackson was their top corner last year, went in the 2nd rd and was terrible as a rookie. Not that it means anything just a reference point.

I really really liked Josh Jackson coming out

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes...I know.

The whole point of my post was mad at the time thought about it and it was the right pick to make.
I love this post. It shows thought, but more importantly, it shows maturity to own up to a change of mind instead of digging into a position. Akin to Krang’s about-face in Murray. We could use a LOT more of this around here.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I love this post. It shows thought, but more importantly, it shows maturity to own up to a change of mind instead of digging into a position. Akin to Krang’s about-face in Murray. We could use a LOT more of this around here.

Right when I heard Isabella, I was like "WTF ". Same with Allen, but thought about each pick in context and both were really good.

Isabella is going to be good for the Cardinals and Allen is going to be a fan favorite.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
The guy is a player, the way he bails and keeps his eyes in and the way he drives down on the ball are a pretty rare skill set for CBs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson