2019 2nd round pick is Byron Murphy CB

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right when I heard Isabella, I was like "WTF ". Same with Allen, but thought about each pick in context and both were really good.

Isabella is going to be good for the Cardinals and Allen is going to be a fan favorite.
Yea, real lunch pale guys.

First ones in, last ones out.

Plays with grit

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know that there were a lot of good players available at #33, and probably would have been happy with any of them. But we've gone so long without addressing the #2 CB position, I'm MORE than happy with the pick.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PFF ranked Murphy #6 on their BPA big board.
My point was that Murphy was considered very elite by a group of like-minded draft experts.

The CW on Harry was that he should be ranked somewhere in the bottom one-third of the 1st round.

Ergo - no one should be shocked that Murphy sould go higher than Harry.

PS - Not that I agree with the following approach, but it could have been that a Keim priority was to obtain a big possession WR who'd be lethal down the seam and in the red zone, and that he felt there were enough of those guys that he could wait till after #33 to get one. So he skipped Harry and AJ Brown and grabbed Butler a tad later.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How good is this guy?

All along seems like people have been fairly happy with the pick and with his development but not exactly gung ho on him. Doing a reasonable job... looks an OK player... not a standout... Keim has made plenty of worse picks etc.

Stepped up this season when our CB stocks looked shallow. Couple of interceptions today including a Pick 6. Seems fairly consistent whereas a lot of our roster can be hot and cold.