The Walking Dead (AMC)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can they please just freaking kill Gabriel? He sucks. His character sucks, his acting sucks, everything about him sucks. I want him to go away in a very lame and useless way. Oops, zombie in the closet, Gabe didn't see him, a piano falls on his head and he's flat and dead. Rosita falls in love with new character, Puckhead. Roll credits.

Cheese, if you have any contacts on the show, please pass this along to them.

Next episode: Puckhead and BRR battle royal for Rositas love.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can they please just freaking kill Gabriel? He sucks. His character sucks, his acting sucks, everything about him sucks. I want him to go away in a very lame and useless way. Oops, zombie in the closet, Gabe didn't see him, a piano falls on his head and he's flat and dead. Rosita falls in love with new character, Puckhead. Roll credits.

Cheese, if you have any contacts on the show, please pass this along to them.

I’ve felt it was a miscast from the beginning. Makes me sad because it’s Carver from the Wire, but I think a more fiery character would have made this arc more interesting. Also, I know Gabriel isn’t necessarily un-Georgian and clergy isn’t necessarily from where they serve, but a more “Southern” Father might have been more dramatic, too.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve felt it was a miscast from the beginning. Makes me sad because it’s Carver from the Wire, but I think a more fiery character would have made this arc more interesting. Also, I know Gabriel isn’t necessarily un-Georgian and clergy isn’t necessarily from where they serve, but a more “Southern” Father might have been more dramatic, too.

Yeah, something is just off with him. I couldn't stand him from the minute he was introduced. But hooking him up with my darling Rosita is more than I can take.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the latter half of the midseason, I thought the show would really fall off. I cant stand what michonne has turned into and the whole thing just seems like it lacks anyone you can give a damn about. The king and carol are now married which makes them weak to me and no longer heads of the show in any way. Maggie gone, etc....just a void.

In came the whisperers which are a truly frightening enemy and the scenes with them have been outstanding. I turned on this episode and was surprisingly full throttle engaged again, while expecting not to be. The fights with them are solid, the show has a lot more daryl now and not just him muttering, him actually having important parts and lines. The show needed it.

The unexpected surprise of this episode is how good the Negan arch got and is getting. My question to anyone else keeping up and interested is in spoiler tags

With Negan returning to Alexandria, I can see a setup where he turns his life around with his love for Judith and becomes a member of the group ultimately taking on a co lead role with Daryl. I think this can bring the show back to life. They are both GREAT characters and great actors. They both command the room when on screen and have superior depth to them.

I feel like this might be coming and honestly, I think it will work. The current heads of the show just don't cut it. These two are true apocalypse survival characters.

All in all, even with the Negan Arch, if we were following him all along, rick and CO would have been the bad guys. I think at this point you can easily lob it up to negan and daryl and the show will go on.

How about that scene when daryl shot the whisperer in the leg? These guys are great enemies IMO.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How about yet another pregnant character!

The whisperers seem to be an interesting adversary, but I find it difficult to believe a woman is leading a ruthless group of roaming post apocalyptic people wearing walker skins. Maybe, I'm just sexist.

Also. How are there still overweight people a decade or so after compete societal breakdown and food scarcity?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about yet another pregnant character!

The whisperers seem to be an interesting adversary, but I find it difficult to believe a woman is leading a ruthless group of roaming post apocalyptic people wearing walker skins. Maybe, I'm just sexist.

Also. How are there still overweight people a decade or so after compete societal breakdown and food scarcity?

pregnancies and relationships drag the show down IMO. It just makes people weak and once you are weak, you die.

I wont fault them for not firing people that aren't rail thin. Maybe she hordes the canned peaches in heavy syrup for herself.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you see the new episode? What do you think about my villain turns over scenario?

I think it helps the character a lot. He had turned into a caricature. I wasn't blown away by the premiere, but I'm not turned off by it either. I just don't want another 'new group comes in, our group underestimates them and all hope is gone, miracle happens and our group comes out on top' kind of thing.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it helps the character a lot. He had turned into a caricature. I wasn't blown away by the premiere, but I'm not turned off by it either. I just don't want another 'new group comes in, our group underestimates them and all hope is gone, miracle happens and our group comes out on top' kind of thing.
im thinking he ends up having to fight off the new group and in such, becomes one of the gang.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
pregnancies and relationships drag the show down IMO. It just makes people weak and once you are weak, you die.

I wont fault them for not firing people that aren't rail thin. Maybe she hordes the canned peaches in heavy syrup for herself.

Another reason the show went downhill--these things should rather uplift the show. Your take just leads to the death of humanity, not survival. I get that it's a nihilistic show, but humanity's tendency is TOWARDS society.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another reason the show went downhill--these things should rather uplift the show. Your take just leads to the death of humanity, not survival. I get that it's a nihilistic show, but humanity's tendency is TOWARDS society.
It's not their fault that I find it to drag characters down. I felt the same about Rick and Michonne's relationship. I felt Michonne became weak but that's going to happen regardless in that scenario, not much they can do about it.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
am I the only one who things they just need to kill that whisper bitch they caught? She has done nothing but lie from the get go and the girl is nearly frantic being taught her whole life all other humans are the enemy.
they should just behead her and move on, way too dangerous to keep her inside the camp.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
am I the only one who things they just need to kill that whisper bitch they caught? She has done nothing but lie from the get go and the girl is nearly frantic being taught her whole life all other humans are the enemy.
they should just behead her and move on, way too dangerous to keep her inside the camp.

The next episode trailers show it is all about Daryl listening to her talk to the boy and finding out information. That is more useful right now than her being dead.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Wisperer story is starting to track to the comic book version. I was skeptical how they could do it with both Rick and Karl out of the story because the original Whisperer story is mostly about Karl, and then the interaction of Rick and Karl in the story. It was very heart wrenching in the comic.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that was the best use of Darryl in an episode in a very, very long time.

but man... with so many characters gone in the last season, an episode without Carol or Michonne in it... just makes it hard to care about the other people. Tara? Blegh. Does anyone care about her, Mullethead, Kinda Blind Priest, Rosita... or the newbies? They might have killed off one too many people at once by getting rid of Karl, Jesus, Rick AND Maggie within 8 episodes of each other while not really doing a great job building up others to become fan favorites and help carry the show.

Add in that Michonne isn't long for this world and they better start making the new characters characters we actually care about... fast.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The scenes with the new people are terrible. How are you going to risk going out and then once there are walkers everywhere, you decide to just leave two of them there.. Especially with the whisperers present.

Every scene with them could have been cut out to add something useful to the story

Solid buildup though, made you actual care about the end

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
that was the best use of Darryl in an episode in a very, very long time.

but man... with so many characters gone in the last season, an episode without Carol or Michonne in it... just makes it hard to care about the other people. Tara? Blegh. Does anyone care about her, Mullethead, Kinda Blind Priest, Rosita... or the newbies? They might have killed off one too many people at once by getting rid of Karl, Jesus, Rick AND Maggie within 8 episodes of each other while not really doing a great job building up others to become fan favorites and help carry the show.

Add in that Michonne isn't long for this world and they better start making the new characters characters we actually care about... fast.
I stopped watching after the last Rick episode. I was pretty done with the show for awhile and that seemed like a good spot to make a clean break. The main reason I stopped is the failure to introduce any new character that I cared about. I couldn’t remember the majority of the stuff that had happened to the characters in the past season because I realized I just didn’t care about any of them so it was easy to forget where they had come from or what they had been through. If they don’t hit on some new and interesting characters quickly then I’m pretty sure the ratings will continue to spiral.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stopped watching after the last Rick episode. I was pretty done with the show for awhile and that seemed like a good spot to make a clean break. The main reason I stopped is the failure to introduce any new character that I cared about. I couldn’t remember the majority of the stuff that had happened to the characters in the past season because I realized I just didn’t care about any of them so it was easy to forget where they had come from or what they had been through. If they don’t hit on some new and interesting characters quickly then I’m pretty sure the ratings will continue to spiral.
There were a few terrible episodes with a severe lack of leadership but since the show has centered on a few major players since, it doesn't feel that way anymore.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yeah... they didn't prepare well by building someone great to at least shoulder the load left by Rick... not to mention Maggie and then Jesus almost immediately as well. i think they're going to try and do that with Negan (who is MUCH better and well written now) but I don't know if that will ultimately work.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
with their current cliff hanger...it makes perfect sense to just shoot alpha in the head. with no leader, and no ties to the girl inside....taking out a half dozen or so of those whisperers should be sufficint to cause them to leave.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with their current cliff hanger...it makes perfect sense to just shoot alpha in the head. with no leader, and no ties to the girl inside....taking out a half dozen or so of those whisperers should be sufficint to cause them to leave.

Don't be ridiculous. They can only make those head shots while running through a dark forest and shooting zombies behind their back.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah... they didn't prepare well by building someone great to at least shoulder the load left by Rick... not to mention Maggie and then Jesus almost immediately as well. i think they're going to try and do that with Negan (who is MUCH better and well written now) but I don't know if that will ultimately work.

I would buy it too. I started to feel that way and wonder with him being in a different camp, if he will become part of the whisperer fight. If not though, I feel like the show is leaning into Daryl as a main character again, which it should.

I did not watch last 1/2 season nor this...I’m done with the show.

The only show that still gets people to come to a thread consistently and say why they don't like it. Thanks for letting us know.

Kinda like all the times Negan could have easily been murdered. This is the biggest issue with instilling human bad guys is ultimately, it could always be resolved quickly but then it would kill the entire plot of that bad guy. I think they did a great job building up to the end as normally, when they showed up, you would just say throw the girl out there and end it but after that episode, you know Daryl will want to defend her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson