The Walking Dead (AMC)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being accurate shooting a stationary target at close proximity is possible.

Handguns are only accurate out to 25 yards for the average shooter and that's a stationary man sized target. We're talking headshots on moving targets well beyond that range.

That's one of my biggest gripes with this show. Everybody is a can't miss sharpshooter with consecutive head shots on moving walkers even while the shooter themselves is moving, but as soon as they're shooting at a live person, they can't hit the broad side of a barn.
That does get annoying and a big reason why I'm not a big fan of it turning into people vs people just due to the fact that you have to make the aim suddenly poor or the conflicts would end before they we're conflicts. It worked out but the big gun fight scenes were always annoying. I wouldn't mind if bullets went extinct but now everyone is a sharpshooter with arrows and slingshots too so I guess it might not work anyway

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Being accurate shooting a stationary target at close proximity is possible.

Handguns are only accurate out to 25 yards for the average shooter and that's a stationary man sized target. We're talking headshots on moving targets well beyond that range.

That's one of my biggest gripes with this show. Everybody is a can't miss sharpshooter with consecutive head shots on moving walkers even while the shooter themselves is moving, but as soon as they're shooting at a live person, they can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Not nearly a conservative enough estimate. Handguns have an extremely short effective range. I'd put that in feet, not yards, and add that it's for good shooters, not average ones.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wont say much but in the comics the next villain is 100 times worse than negan and the saviors.

hoping the next episode will be action packed and include a surprise death scene.

but yeah walking dead does seem like fear without carl rick and now Maggie for a season...

I do think the new showriter is doing a solid job with the crew she has left.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well... I might have been wrong. they've reached the point of killing off too many people now. Getting rid of Rick was huge in of itself, but doubling down on Maggie (with literally zero explanation so far) might just be the nail in this undead's coffin. No one gives a crap about Hilltop without Maggie. I mean... seriously... who gives a crap about Tara? And back at Alexandria, who cares about Rosita or Father One Eye or Mullet-head?

And with all the other characters that people do still care about (Daryl, Michonne, Carol) they're all spread out.. at least they have been the last three episodes. Hopefully the new bad guys bring them all together, but even if they do, that trio still isn't interesting enough to hold the show together, especially with what they're probably about to do with King Potty-Mouth.

Last edited:

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
hoping the next episode will be action packed and include a surprise death scene.
Don't know about action packed but surprise death...Also, and this is a comic spoiler, if what happens in the comics happens on the show, a vital part of the cast is going to meet a gruesome end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that episode was mostly boring. The scenes with Daryl were interesting and the end was real good even though the death sucked. He was one of the characters I still liked. The herd is getting thin. The good news it, these bad guys could be overwhelmingly brutal and make things very action packed and suspenseful but at the same time, that means more death and if you lose Carol or Daryl, the show is pretty much done. Michonne has become unwatchable and annoying and everyone else is a 2nd or 3rd tier character after those three.

But if we cut out henry partying, michonne moseying around with body language looking like she always smells a dirty diaper and all the fair nonsense....the other 10 minutes were really entertaining.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well... I might have been wrong. they've reached the point of killing off too many people now. Getting rid of Rick was huge in of itself, but doubling down on Maggie (with literally zero explanation so far) might just be the nail in this undead's coffin. No one gives a crap about Hilltop without Maggie. I mean... seriously... who gives a crap about Tara? And back at Alexandria, who cares about Rosita or Father One Eye or Mullet-head?

And with all the other characters that people do still care about (Daryl, Michonne, Carol) they're all spread out.. at least they have been the last three episodes. Hopefully the new bad guys bring them all together, but even if they do, that trio still isn't interesting enough to hold the show together, especially with what they're probably about to do with King Potty-Mouth.

Totally agree. Plus the old characters that are left have become shells of their former selves (Daryl, Michonne, Carol).

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree except the end of that last episode, that was pretty wild.

I guess. It's just how many times are we going to be doing the "our group against another group that is way worse than the last group" thing?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess. It's just how many times are we going to be doing the "our group against another group that is way worse than the last group" thing?

Not sure where else they could go though. Either way that threw me through a loop. At least this time it seems it wont be terrible gunfights everywhere, they will be move zombie centric.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure where else they could go though. Either way that threw me through a loop. At least this time it seems it wont be terrible gunfights everywhere, they will be move zombie centric.

Need more Death Stars. :D

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score

I'm glad you said that. I thought I was just an idiot for either missing or not remembering why she is gone. Why the hell wouldn't they explain that. It can't be because they're trying to be clever because I don't think anyone really cares that much.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you said that. I thought I was just an idiot for either missing or not remembering why she is gone. Why the hell wouldn't they explain that. It can't be because they're trying to be clever because I don't think anyone really cares that much.

I've got to wonder if they've got a plan to wait until her show on ABC starts in January. my guess is they have two scenarios in the writer's room: If her show is a bomb, there's probably a bigger storyline to get back to to explain her absence as she'll no doubt come back, IMO. If her show is a hit and it looks like she's gone for good, they'll either just hope people forgot or wrap it up with something completely inconsequential.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I've got to wonder if they've got a plan to wait until her show on ABC starts in January. my guess is they have two scenarios in the writer's room: If her show is a bomb, there's probably a bigger storyline to get back to to explain her absence as she'll no doubt come back, IMO. If her show is a hit and it looks like she's gone for good, they'll either just hope people forgot or wrap it up with something completely inconsequential.

That's an interesting dilemma in TV writing you just brought up, Cheese. How would you deal with/have you dealt with that?

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score

Interesting.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, they have stated that she is with Georgie, so she left to go be part of whatever Georgie is doing. I'm sure the why is coming.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, they have stated that she is with Georgie, so she left to go be part of whatever Georgie is doing. I'm sure the why is coming.

Yep. They way the everyone kept talking around it makes it pretty obvious that the next part of the season is going into that aspect of the time jump.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. They way the everyone kept talking around it makes it pretty obvious that the next part of the season is going into that aspect of the time jump.
Probably has something to do with the X on Daryl and Michonne's backs.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And why it's so hard for Michonne to agree to the fair.
her character sucks now IMO. Nothing more boring going on than her walking around looking like something stinks and having a terrible attitude. Its almost as annoying as the new girl with the chest tattoo that acts like a defiant 15 year old.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Yeah, there was a clear explanation, it's just weird that her departure happens off-screen and in the past. Rick's final episode was marketed, Maggie's was not, and now they're both in similar places: with intriguing off-screen groups.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Tara, Rosita, Gabriel, and Eugene have all been in about 80-90 episodes. I'm sure a lot of viewers care about them in varying combinations. They're probably not invested in them as series leads because they've never been leads, but minor characters are not without consequence, especially in show that cycles through minor characters much more quickly than leads.

IMO Eugene and Rosita could conceivably level up, though probably not to top billing. Eugene's character would have to broaden and mellow a bit, with his awkwardness relied less upon for laughs. Rosita is in a lot of ways still a utility player. We know some of her backstory but not too much. Subplots where she's a focus haven't been so memorable, but she has the tools for survival in this world. (I do think the relationship with Gabriel feels forced, though, especially "right after" his relationship with Jadis--which I'm assuming was a big deal because he's a priest.)

Other candidates: I liked Jesus's character and was happy to see more of him, but the show would do well to recognize which of its characters have intrigue that should be maintained rather than diluted in a central role. By contrast I think Aaron might be very suited for a leadership role. The hard decisions he would have to make would be relatable as hard decisions, and wouldn't require the sometimes-manufactured agony that badass characters such as Rick, Michonne, and Morgan have needed to be three-dimensional.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can they please just freaking kill Gabriel? He sucks. His character sucks, his acting sucks, everything about him sucks. I want him to go away in a very lame and useless way. Oops, zombie in the closet, Gabe didn't see him, a piano falls on his head and he's flat and dead. Rosita falls in love with new character, Puckhead. Roll credits.

Cheese, if you have any contacts on the show, please pass this along to them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard