Timberwolves @ Suns 3-14-16

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm not big on moral victories even the vets on the team should know winning at this point does nothing but hurt the team! The fans have had to suffer thru a miserable season at least don't F up the only good thing it could produce!

They will. Or maybe I should say, they already have. This thread's actually interesting because I believe that Sarver has the same mentality as some of the posts in here and that's precisely why the Suns have been drowning in mediocrity for the last 5-6 years.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They haven't done it in the past but what more could you expect from them this season? This is a horrible roster, we've just managed to do what bad teams occasionally do by winning a few games. We won on December 7th, since than we've won a grand total of 9 games. The Lakers have 11 wins during that stretch and Brooklyn, Philadelphia and Minnesota all have 13 wins. We are losing and we're doing it very well.

we were challenging for the 2nd worst record and are now staring at possibly dropping to 5th. That's a problem for me.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
this franchise is cursed. nice to see them making an already miserable season even more miserable by winning completely meaningless games to screw themselves out of desperately needed lotto ping pong balls.

Bloody stupid suns. Idiots from top to bottom.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
we were challenging for the 2nd worst record and are now staring at possibly dropping to 5th. That's a problem for me.

I don't think we were ever really challenging for the 2nd spot. The Lakers stepped up their tank game when they realized we were serious about losing and they only added a few wins of their own after we picked up a win or two. I highly doubt we drop to 5th either although 4th is quite possible. I don't want to drop to 4th but in all likelihood it won't make a bit of difference to our longterm rebuild plans.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
We've seen good things from Booker and Len. Let them rest and finish the season healthy.

Let them finish the season healthy.

They're not used to all those minutes. 30 mpg tops. Play Archie and Looer. Let Knight play off the ball. I think he's an awful pg so try him as sg and see if Archie can handle pg.

No more wins. What's the point?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't think we were ever really challenging for the 2nd spot. The Lakers stepped up their tank game when they realized we were serious about losing and they only added a few wins of their own after we picked up a win or two. I highly doubt we drop to 5th either although 4th is quite possible. I don't want to drop to 4th but in all likelihood it won't make a bit of difference to our longterm rebuild plans.

So are you saying Laker players are watching the Suns win and saying "Ok we can afford to try harder and maybe win games now"?

Because I don't think their players care even one bit about what the Suns are doing, whether its winning or losing. And Byron Scott is on the warmest seat so I can't imagine him caring ether.

Lakers would have won or lost games regardless of what the Suns did or do.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

#playtowinthegame

I understand the potential benefits to draft position months or years from now but I don't want players or coaches that play to lose. I will stop watching before I get to the point where I start actively rooting for a loss or getting mad at the team and calling them stupid for winning a game.

I understand that is probably just me and everyone can tell me what an idiot I am now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So are you saying Laker players are watching the Suns win and saying "Ok we can afford to try harder and maybe win games now"?

Because I don't think their players care even one bit about what the Suns are doing, whether its winning or losing. And Byron Scott is on the warmest seat so I can't imagine him caring ether.

Lakers would have won or lost games regardless of what the Suns did or do.

Of course not. But think it through. They want the pick as much as we do, you can bet that marching orders come down from management on both teams. You think it's reasonable for our coach to play less than his best players but you ignore the possibility that Scott might have similar instructions?

The Lakers lost 18 out of 20 once it became obvious that we were a real threat. Then, after we start winning, they go 3 - 2. Maybe it's just coincidence, maybe both teams just hit a soft part in their schedule. But both teams are tanking, there's no question there .

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Outside of #1 or #2, is there really that big of a difference between the #3 and #5? You guys are acting like Ingram and Simmons are Durant and Lebron, and everyone else is a Morris twin.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
They are clearly better prospects than the next tier no matter if they are Lebron and KD or Boris Diaw and Danny Granger.

But not only that, they are far better fits for the Suns than the rest.

The Suns need help at the forward positions.

The other currently mocked players are two combo guards Dunn and Murray, two centers Bender and Poetl and a "short" small forward Brown.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
They are clearly better prospects than the next tier no matter if they are Lebron and KD or Boris Diaw and Danny Granger.

But not only that, they are far better fits for the Suns than the rest.

The Suns need help at the forward positions.

The other currently mocked players are two combo guards Dunn and Murray, two centers Bender and Poetl and a "short" small forward Brown.

Then according to your logic, I am correct, there is no real great difference between #3 and #5--they are all pretty meh. So what's the problem?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
lol!

#3 gives far better odds to win the #1 or #2 pick, that is the problem.

It's one thing to dispute our positioning for ping pong balls, it's quite another to talk about what the position actually means.

What I'm talking about is IF we get the #3-#5 regardless of how many ping pong balls we have (and that is the strongest possibility), it won't matter which position we are actually in.

I don't believe we are lucky enough to get the #1 or #2 even if we remain in 3rd, so the whole argument is moot.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
We need at least one more star talent to be able to compete for a title with our current core. He can be had already this summer in the draft. We've been having difficulties signing top players so the draft is our best shot. The bottom teams have a better chance of securing the first picks. I want us to get #1 or #2 and our chances for that are better if we finish in the bottom 3.

Winning is nice but the season is lost. I don't think it matters much if coach rests his best players thinking a bit more long term. Do we want to risk another injury on Len? Is the 40 mpg 82 game season a bit excessive for a 19 year old who is our future star? Why not play them 25-30 minutes and develop other players so they are better next year, our stars have had injury free summers and we get more balls in the lotto?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
It's one thing to dispute our positioning for ping pong balls, it's quite another to talk about what the position actually means.

What I'm talking about is IF we get the #3-#5 regardless of how many ping pong balls we have (and that is the strongest possibility), it won't matter which position we are actually in.

I don't believe we are lucky enough to get the #1 or #2 even if we remain in 3rd, so the whole argument is moot.

This has nothing to do with believe.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We are getting the 5th pick. We just will. We are the Suns. Don't watch the lottery unless you want to throw up. Remember the 2007 draft?

You must be registered for see images

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We are getting the 5th pick. We just will. We are the Suns. Don't watch the lottery unless you want to throw up. Remember the 2007 draft?

You must be registered for see images

Certainly very possible. Regardless how slinslin interprets the NBA, the draft, or this message board-- in your opinion, is there a difference between picking #5 and picking #3?

I argue that there is not.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Of course there is a difference.

At #3 YOU make the decision who you pick among the next 4.

At #5 you get to pick between the two leftovers that two teams before you evaluated as the worse prospects.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Of course there is a difference.

At #3 YOU make the decision who you pick among the next 4.

At #5 you get to pick between the two leftovers that two teams before you evaluated as the worse prospects.

You yourself have written off everyone that could be available up until pick #6! I think it's funny that you have great faith in the scouting of other teams. After all, 8 other teams didn't pick Amare and 12 other teams didn't pick Booker...

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

You're too optimistic. We'll get the 6th pick because Washington will win the lottery, and Ben Simmons will lead them to the best record in the East next year, leaving us with next year's 28th pick for Markieff.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Certainly very possible. Regardless how slinslin interprets the NBA, the draft, or this message board-- in your opinion, is there a difference between picking #5 and picking #3?

I argue that there is not.

I don't think so. In fact, I am really nervous about the top two picks this year. Simmons seems to have a problem between his ears. Ugh. Ingram would probably be better. I think Bender is way over hyped because of Porzingis.

When the draft is this fuzzy, you start looking at needs. Who is the best wing defender in this draft? I don't know, but whoever it is, I would give that guy a close look with one of our picks.

Not sure its worth all the misery of losing this much. Like other draft years, the real stars of this draft may be in the mid-first round. So, the key is how good are your scouts.

Trading a top two pick would be an option. I am just thinking out loud here. If the Clips wanted to trade Blake for that pick for instance. They could get a top two pick AND clear cap to go after KD. Not that I am all that hyped to get Griffin. Just giving a scenario.

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

We have a chance to move to 2nd because we still have two games remaining against the Lakers. Had the Suns lost this game to the TWolves and then lost remainder of the way including the Lakerd game, we would only be a game behind the Lakers. Not that far fetched to think the Lakers will win another game or two (besides their games vs Suns) especially the season finale of Kobe's last game in Staple Center.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have a chance to move to 2nd because we still have two games remaining against the Lakers. Had the Suns lost this game to the TWolves and then lost remainder of the way including the Lakerd game, we would only be a game behind the Lakers. Not that far fetched to think the Lakers will win another game or two (besides their games vs Suns) especially the season finale of Kobe's last game in Staple Center.

Not sure the advantage is really there any more. Both Simmons and Ingram have shown themselves to have warts. This draft is wide open. Oh, they will still be the top two picks, but only because there is no one else.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not sure the advantage is really there any more. Both Simmons and Ingram have shown themselves to have warts. This draft is wide open. Oh, they will still be the top two picks, but only because there is no one else.

No draft prospect is ever perfect. I remember people had doubts about even Wiggins, Towns, Davis etc.

It's all a gamble but generally you get the best prospects in the higher draft slots.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson