Pacers @ Suns 12-7-16

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns come back home after playing the Jazz yesterday to play the Pacers at home tonight. The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. Arizona time.

From a Paul Coro article at azcentral. See below.

The Suns have not turned the quarter-pole of the NBA season with a worse record since 20 years ago.

If they do not beat Indiana at home Wednesday night, add another decade for the “worst record at this point since” perspective.

The Suns might be youthful, missing T.J. Warren and trying to establish a proper base for the long haul but they did not expect that process to include having the least assists in the league, fouling more than any team in the league, giving up the highest 3-point percentage in the league, having their shots blocked more often than any team in the league and needing to thank Brooklyn for their 113.1 points per game allowed not being a league worst too.

Here are the projected starting lineups:

C: Tyson Chandler … Myles Turner

PF: Marquese Chriss …. Thaddeus Young

SF: P.J. Tucker … Paul George

SG: Devin Booker … Monta Ellis

PG: Eric Bledsoe … Jeff Teague

Key Pacers reserves: Rodney Stuckey, C.J. Miles, Glenn Robinson II, Al Jefferson, Kevin Seraphin and Aaron Brooks.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor.../?hootPostID=e67b62173427a3463745844c0dae821d

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyler Ulis into the game with about 5 minutes left in the 2rd quarter. Bledsoe has 3 personal fouls but I'll take the opportunity to watch Ulis run the team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the end of the 1st half, the Suns lead the Pacers 53-49. The Suns are more exciting when Ulis runs the team.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns look like an NBA caliber team with Ulis at PG.

So I'm sure Ulis will get DNP'd and not play any minutes for rest of the month. If only he could play more like Knight, Watson would find a way to get him quality minutes.

On a serious note if the Suns are actually close to winning this game, I hope they sub Ulis out and put Knight in and tell him to just do his thing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns look like an NBA caliber team with Ulis at PG.

So I'm sure Ulis will get DNP'd and not play any minutes for rest of the month. If only he could play more like Knight, Watson would find a way to get him quality minutes.

On a serious note if the Suns are actually close to winning this game, I hope they sub Ulis out and put Knight in and tell him to just do his thing.

I like Ulis as well. As Bledsoe has 4 personal fouls hopefully Watson will give him some more playing time in the 2nd half.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns lose 109-94 to the Pacers.

This was an ugly game. The Suns offense and defense resembled scrambled eggs.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I turned it on in the second half and gave up when Len fouled out in the 4th. It was ugly. They were up by 2 when I turned it on, I think, and they gave up the lead pretty quick and never got back into it. There was a lot to dislike about how the Suns played. I know that is one of the frustrations of watching young teams is that they're not very good at closing out games but the Suns play really sloppy when they're leading another team. Once they blow their lead late in games they just play matador defense. I'm not sure if it was the addition of Chandler, his injuries, or what but Bledsoe doesn't seem to mind when a guy gets past him on defense anymore. I know having a rim protecter allows perimeter defenders to play a little looser but he's not near the defender he was when we acquired him. I'm not sold on Chandler being an effective rim protecter either but that's another discussion.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn