Brian Hoyer to Start vs San Francisco

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Per ktar. 4th QB to start this year, but not surprised by this.

Discuss....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Good. Give him the opportunity to win a spot in camp next year and compete against what I assume will be at least 3 new QBs. We know what we have in Skelton and Lindley.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not going to lie, I wanted us to pick him up prior to week one and even asked Jurecki if we had any interest. He said the only reason we did not make a run was due to Lindley not getting past waivers. I then recommended releasing Skelton and he laughed me off. Who is laughing now, although I am not expecting much against the 9ers at home.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not going to lie, I wanted us to pick him up prior to week one and even asked Jurecki if we had any interest. He said the only reason we did not make a run was due to Lindley not getting past waivers. I then recommended releasing Skelton and he laughed me off. Who is laughing now, although I am not expecting much against the 9ers at home.

Bankybruce for GM?

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I will laugh if he leads us to a win, then demand Whiz to be fired for making me watch Lindley

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Wow.

Says a lot about Skelton and Lindley when a guy is here for 2 weeks and is starting.

Oh well, bring on the Niners.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow.

Says a lot about Skelton and Lindley when a guy is here for 2 weeks and is starting.

Oh well, bring on the Niners.
The logical reason Hoyer's been here for two weeks and is starting is that - with no high stakes to shoot for - one of the most important things left to accomplish prior to the offseason is to find out what Hoyer can bring us.

Aside from the probability that Hoyer is better than Skelton or Lindley, we already know what those 2 guys can or cannot do. We need to know more about Hoyer by seeing him in "live" game action.

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Well that probably answers the question as to whether Lindley would throw a TD pass to a Cardinal player this season.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, why not? The season is lost anyway. Why not try some experimenting and see who has what?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually looks like he throws a better ball than the other two. Especially since he hadn't played this year.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's more like Skelton and Lindley have already proven they shouldn't start. So why not Hoyer. It's like last man standing.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks for not lying? :)

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
If Hoyer extends his previous week's performance to a decent level against 9ers, he will have a chance to be a #2 next season backing up to whoever we come up with as a starter next season.

Lindley is a joke.

Skelton is as good as done.

Kolb should retire but don't be surprised if he restructures and returns as the starter next season.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Being an ex-Steeler has it's privileges.
Did he ever take a snap with Pittsburgh? Was he there for more than two weeks?

If this is some sort of attempt at a Whisenhunt jab, it's by far the most ridiculous I've read anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TruCard

Banned
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The post-Warner list will be a book at this rate.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Since I hate the Batman movies, I'm going to point out that that quote doesn't make sense. We don't fall so we can learn to pick ourselves up. We learn to pick ourselves up regardless of why we fell.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson