Steelers | Foote signs

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Steelers | Foote signs
Mon, 15 Mar 2010 08:22:38 -0700

Jason La Canfora, of NFL.com, reports via Twitter that the Pittsburgh Steelers have signed free-agent LB Larry Foote (Lions) to a three-year deal worth $9.3 million. The deal includes a $1.8 million signing bonus.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0iG9qIoX7

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well, it seems unlikely that $$$ was the stumbling block in signing with the Cards.

Would like to hear from Graves / Whiz on this one.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We probably didn't want to pay that kind of money for a guy that was probably going to hold down the spot for a young guy waiting to develop.

Oh well, that sucks...

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It would appear that Foote was not wanted by the Cards as much as us fans.
The signing bonus is not that much so he is a 1 or two year option for the Steelers at this point.

RG and Whis must have a plan B and C for how to fill the holes in the roster.

Go Devils

Rookie
Reaction score
Looks like ILB in the 1st Rd now. I am OK with that as long as they get Porter also.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
daaaaaannnngg.

Truthfully, I'd prefer Andra Davis, I just don't think that was ever as likely as signing Foote.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We obviously didn't want him and I am more than cool with that. The guy was a semi-significant step down from Dansby and I think we are looking to do better.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
3 years nine freaking million and the Cards couldn't win out while giving Foote the starting gig??? what an effing joke!!!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 years nine freaking million and the Cards couldn't win out while giving Foote the starting gig??? what an effing joke!!!

What you don't get is that the team obviously and very clearly didn't want him. Especially on a 3 year deal. $$$$ isn't the issue here it's the player.

Foote wasn't going to be a difference maker anyhow.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What you don't get is that the team obviously and very clearly didn't want him. Especially on a 3 year deal. $$$$ isn't the issue here it's the player.

Foote wasn't going to be a difference maker anyhow.

3 mill per year isn't difference maker money though Shane. It's ok starter money. Curious as to what we even offered him/the plan at ILB. I really hope it's not just wait for the draft and hope the guy we want falls to 26. That seems like old Cardinals thinking.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 mill per year isn't difference maker money though Shane. It's ok starter money. Curious as to what we even offered him/the plan at ILB. I really hope it's not just wait for the draft and hope the guy we want falls to 26. That seems like old Cardinals thinking.

Exactly. That's why the $$$ isn't the issue here. I think that after our meeting with him whiz decided plain and simply that he just didn't want this guy.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We didn't offer him anything.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. That's why the $$$ isn't the issue here. I think that after our meeting with him whiz decided plain and simply that he just didn't want this guy.

yeah, I don't know if I agree with that. I wonder if we weren't offering him the years... or if we were just doing our usual passive approach, thinking we could get him on the real cheap, thinking no one else wanted him. Urban seemed to intimate that when he said we wouldn't "bid against ourselves".

he seemed like a no-brainer and if he's good enough for the Steelers to bring him back, I gotta scratch my head over why he wasn't good enough for us.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Until I hear otherwise from reliable sources, I will continue to believe that the team screwed the pooch on Foote. I am pissed...

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Until I hear otherwise from reliable sources, I will continue to believe that the team screwed the pooch on Foote. I am pissed...

Of course you are. It's that time of year again.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Of course you are. It's that time of year again.
Sorry Shane, but I dont make a habit of getting mad at this organization and this is far from "that time of year" for me.

I really think the Cards messed up on this and signing Paris Lenon because they lost out on Foote is not going to make it better.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry Shane, but I dont make a habit of getting mad at this organization and this is far from "that time of year" for me.

I really think the Cards messed up on this and signing Paris Lenon because they lost out on Foote is not going to make it better.

There you go jumping to conclusions. Assuming the Cards only signed Lenon because they didn't sign Foote. Yet Urban already stated that Lenon was clearly a ST's guy and possible back up when they were visiting with him. And yes you are no stranger to getting pissed at this time of year.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
I think they overpaid, unless they see him coming in for Farrior. They already have Timmons, who is getting better every time I see him, and Farrior, who is still pretty good. I'm glad we didn't get him, like Shane said...the problem was with the player on this one.

There are still several other options out there: Andra Davis, Angelo Crowell (I think that would be an awesome pickup), Ayodele, or a trade for Nick Roach (although I don't know what he was tendered at) or one of the Raiders LBs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson