2024 Free Agency thread

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just saw DJ Clark just agreed to terms with the Chargers also.
Not that I like OBJ all that much but not sure why we are not making a move of this nature to shore up the #2 spot.
Anything is better than our bare cupboard

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I just saw DJ Clark just agreed to terms with the Chargers also.
Not that I like OBJ all that much but not sure why we are not making a move of this nature to shore up the #2 spot.
Anything is better than our bare cupboard
I don't think we have an open #2 spot open. I believe @Chopper0080 is right that we're looking for a 3rd WR with flexibility inside and outside.

Neither OBJ nor DJ Chark are all that interested in competing with Greg Dortch, I think. Especially in an offense that wants to run the ball a significant amount.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
We need to bring in a veteran WR...and the he needs to be able to step in as the #2 because of Wilson's injury history, and the fact he in his 2nd year and hasnt shown enough to be counted on in that spot yet.

We are already putting a lot of faith in young talent with MHJ being our clear cut WR1 from day 1, but we need at least 1 if not 2 WR's in that room that have played a few NFL seasons.

I keep thinking Boyd, but someone mentioned some issue with that. Maybe Michael Thomas is worth a shot?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I keep thinking Boyd, but someone mentioned some issue with that. Maybe Michael Thomas is worth a shot?
I looked up Tyler Boyd's route charts from last year and he was playing almost exclusively out of the spot. Unsure about his ability to step outside.

The FA situation is pretty dire. We may be living that Zach Pascal life again.