The 2023-24 league year

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Geez so many players got tagged, really dried up the top end of the FA pool.
8 Total Franchised and 2 Transitioned, right? There is a ton of OL (C's and G's) and RB talent to be had at all levels this free agency. Lot's of dudes who are good starters will be released by Sunday to get teams under their respective caps. Probably 100 dudes will be available...and that's before all the dudes who signed 1 year deals in 2023 hit the market. It will be a buyers market, outside the top 10-15 players available. I may be in the minority, but I'm hardly concerned with FA this year. Monti can find plenty of starters and quality depth, if he wants it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We are not one of them

FWIW, I'm not in favor of trading assets for a CB. I might be in the minority here, but I disagree that it's a "premium position" on par with QB, LT, Edge, and WR.

It's most like Running back, where it's extremely good and fun to have one of the best, but it's neither necessary nor sufficient to having a winning team.

For many good teams, adequate corners are more than enough.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
FWIW, I'm not in favor of trading assets for a CB. I might be in the minority here, but I disagree that it's a "premium position" on par with QB, LT, Edge, and WR.

It's most like Running back, where it's extremely good and fun to have one of the best, but it's neither necessary nor sufficient to having a winning team.

For many good teams, adequate corners are more than enough.
Agreed.

I place CB after those other positions because we've seen quite a few championship teams who had just adequate corners, but it's really rare to find a championship team without at least one really good pass rusher, if not two really good pass rushers