Niners at Cardinals gameday thread 12-17-23

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You keep bringing up the contract that the previous regime provided for him. He signed on the dotted lines. Doesn’t mean he’s worth that amount. It’s the amount the franchise is paying him, but to hold his play to that amount is an indictment to the previous GM more so than him IMO.
Okay. Where does he rank among the NFL’s week one starters? Can we hold him to the same standard we hold 2022 Mr Irrelevant Brock Purdy?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a rerun of the Rams game.

Kyler had a great first drive and then basically stunk the rest of the game, despite the team being able to establish the run and give him time.

3 more games to decide if he’s the guy or not and we’re no closer to answering that question than we were when he came back. Yuck.

he's not playing great but it's not like we're seeing replays of guys running wide open and him missing them. The only guy getting open is McBride.

The one in the endzone on the run would have been nice but not an easy throw. He missed Rondale on the first down I guess.

I don't know how good he is or not right now because our WR's are just terrible

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate to break it to you, he's not being evaluated to see if he's the guy, he's the guy. Unless he takes a dump in Mike B's office on the floor, he's your QB next year and probably the following. No matter how the rest of this season pans out
Hate to break it to you but if this is good enough for the team, this team is screwed.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
This is a rerun of the Rams game.

Kyler had a great first drive and then basically stunk the rest of the game, despite the team being able to establish the run and give him time.

3 more games to decide if he’s the guy or not and we’re no closer to answering that question than we were when he came back. Yuck.
Yup.

Of course I don’t think the roster will be ready next season anyways so probably will give him a full offseason before deciding. Doubtful he’s here in ‘25 however.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This

I'm in the want to draft a QB
I think this is where the front office is as well. I'm ok with it....even as a Murray supporter over the years. If we can move that contract and get decent value, I think you move on. Especially if he just won't be what you need as a GM and head coach.