Dobbs to the Vikings

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
According to CBS Sports NFL Insider Josina Anderson, the Vikings made a pick swap as compensation for the Dobbs trade. So, Minnesota gets Dobbs and a seventh-round pick while the Cardinals receive a sixth-rounder.

There are also some conditions to the trade that could turn the seventh-rounder that went to Minnesota into a sixth, per ESPN.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
According to CBS Sports NFL Insider Josina Anderson, the Vikings made a pick swap as compensation for the Dobbs trade. So, Minnesota gets Dobbs and a seventh-round pick while the Cardinals receive a sixth-rounder.

There are also some conditions to the trade that could turn the seventh-rounder that went to Minnesota into a sixth, per ESPN.
wtf? Not that I care about losing Dobbs but this trade is sounding crappier by the minute.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
wtf? Not that I care about losing Dobbs but this trade is sounding crappier by the minute.
And I should clarify that I wasn’t expecting anything great in return. But if there are seriously conditions that could turn the seventh round, we gave the Vikings into a six rounder, then we got hosed.

Reactions: PJ1

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. Well, they definitely expect Kyler to be back soon.

No way you give up a player and a 6th for a lower 6th. I'd wait for more details.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
And I should clarify that I wasn’t expecting anything great in return. But if there are seriously conditions that could turn the seventh round, we gave the Vikings into a six rounder, then we got hosed.
Since we didn't have a 2024 6th before this trade it makes no sense.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
why would the Vikings trade for the NFL's 29th ranked QB

Because they're looking at starting the 50th- or 60th-worst QB in the NFL when they'd be in the playoffs if the season started today.

We got nothing for him, but I'm sure Michael is happy he's not going to have to carry that salary longer than he absolutely has to.

Pressure is on Kyler to come back; I have zero interest in watching Clayton Tune get creamed by that defense in a 9-2 barnburner.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Per ESPN: "The Cardinals traded Dobbs and a conditional seventh-round pick that can become a sixth-rounder based on Dobbs' play time in Minnesota to the Vikings for a sixth-round pick, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter."

So does that mean if he doesn't play much, we actually end up moving down in the draft to unload him?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Per ESPN: "The Cardinals traded Dobbs and a conditional seventh-round pick that can become a sixth-rounder based on Dobbs' play time in Minnesota to the Vikings for a sixth-round pick, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter."

So does that mean if he doesn't play much, we actually end up moving down in the draft to unload him?

If I recall correctly we don't have any 6th round picks.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

This can't be it, not when Vikings are in the ringer with Cousins down.

But maybe.

If so.... Ossi, like a fox.

You must be registered for see images attach

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The fact that the Vikings wanted Dobbs over Colt McCoy, who I thought I heard has experience with some of the offensive coaching staff, is telling.
I wonder about that, also. Cousin Sal on the Bill Simmons Podcast brings up Colt McCoy as the next starter available often.

McCoy is getting paid $2.25 million this season to sit at home with his beautiful wife and adorable kids. He just turned 37 years old. Not sure if my guy has the fire in him anymore.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison