AYTON TRADED!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Whatever you think about the trade, we are INSANELY deep now. We drop Ish and we have playable NBA players all the way to the 15th man. I don't know if we've ever seen this much depth ever on this team. I think it will make us a great regular season team, the biggest question mark to me is the playoffs. If this depth helps KD, Beal and Book be more fresh in the playoffs, though, then the sky is STILL the limit.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The main problem here is that hitching your wagon to DA as the reason we will or won't win a title is absolutely ridiculous.

You all just know that even if he was enthusiastic going into the season, he would start grumbling about touches after week 1.
Yup with all the perimeter scoring we’ll have aytin was never going to get the touches that he wanted here and would’ve become an issue . . . again. At least I believe that to have been a great likelihood.

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We will definitely have to see how this plays out down the line. But....

Why am I seeing the sky is falling attitude because we traded Ayton???

Have people forgotten what Ayton had become as a Sun over the last 2 years? He was completely gutless, lack of heart, whatever you want to call it. Ayton completely disappeared and crumbled under any type of pressure. Childish behavior, and some of the lowest basketball IQ I've seen from any "max contract" type of player.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Awful trade.

Nurkic is just a guy, Gambo is out to lunch when he claims the dude is a impactful defender.

The filler of the trade is about as filler as it gets. Allen is a poor man’s Pat Bev.

Little better develop into a stud.

Gross.
I actually like little as a prospect. All athlete at present but super young. If they can harness his abilities he might be part of the future. Lottery ticket type player.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think we're done.
I've heard Portland might not be interested in Jrue, can that be true?
Do whatever we can to get him.
Or am I just dreaming, no way we can afford him right?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So let me get this straight. We give up one of the better young healthy centers in the league plus a really great draftee selection for an oft-injured aging big man and some cannon fodder? And we get no draft picks back? Does someone have incriminating pictures of someone? After all these great Summer moves? What are they crazy?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
“Really great draftee” - really?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't think we are done.
Only way we can do that is if they stretch and waive him. But if they are willing to take Tyler Herro, then Portland will definitely trade him to Miami.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
#1. Suns finally have a center who can catch a pass and flow with the offense
#2. I doubt he's partying and playing NBA2k until 3AM constantly
#3. Nurkic's injury might finally be healed and we see the best version of him since then
#4 I feel this means more minutes for Bol Bol
#5 Maybe another move ahead

#6? Cap considerations? Did this bring us under the apron and/or give us the flexibility to do so with more moves?

That's all I got.

I wanted Ayton gone so we could make moves, but we did so without having to move him. I was fine with keeping him at least until the trade deadline to see if he would fit. We were playing with house money.

Feel like this isn't enough when there wasn't a need to trade him now.

Perhaps JJ felt this was the approximate deal now or near trading deadline and best to do it now so you have the whole season to gel.
6. To answer this - no it changed nothing cap wise at all, we took back the same amount in salary. It's possible we could trade a couple of these guys away for picks I suppose - but actually probably not there is extremely little open cap space available to do so.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
We will definitely have to see how this plays out down the line. But....

Why am I seeing the sky is falling attitude because we traded Ayton???

Have people forgotten what Ayton had become as a Sun over the last 2 years? He was completely gutless, lack of heart, whatever you want to call it. Ayton completely disappeared and crumbled under any type of pressure. Childish behavior, and some of the lowest basketball IQ I've seen from any "max contract" type of player.

He’s not a cancer but Zach Lowe said it best a while back. There’s a “collective eye rolling” with him throughout the organization. That gets old year after year and they finally pulled the trigger.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns will be able to keep Little going forward as he is under contract for 4 seasons.

Nurkic is under contract for 3 more seasons.

Grayson Allen is expiring but they will get a chance to look at him.

Maybe Keon Johnson gets waived.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
6. To answer this - no it changed nothing cap wise at all, we took back the same amount in salary. It's possible we could trade a couple of these guys away for picks I suppose - but actually probably not there is extremely little open cap space available to do so.
For this year, yes, you are right. But it gives us a lot of future flexibility that Ayton's contract didn't provide.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe we aren't, but what can we get of quality with a bunch of poo poo plater. Not much is the answer.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whatever you think about the trade, we are INSANELY deep now. We drop Ish and we have playable NBA players all the way to the 15th man. I don't know if we've ever seen this much depth ever on this team. I think it will make us a great regular season team, the biggest question mark to me is the playoffs. If this depth helps KD, Beal and Book be more fresh in the playoffs, though, then the sky is STILL the limit.

I don't think this helps our depth much. Johnson and Little struggled to find minutes on a really bad Portland team, either one would need to make a real leap to find minutes here. Our big man depth just got worse.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For this year, yes, you are right. But it gives us a lot of future flexibility that Ayton's contract didn't provide.
Do you really care about that - I am gearing up for what I thought was a championship season, now I almost think it's Millwaukee's to lose.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I honestly like Kamara moving forward better than any of the crap we got in return.
No offense but I think this is an absurd statement. A late second round guy who had mixed reviews in summer league. I was curious about him, but I think considering him a better prospect than a nassir little or a productive nurkic is just silliness.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So maybe hard this year, or maybe we facilitate a trade at the deadline? Maybe next offseason?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't think this helps our depth much. Johnson and Little struggled to find minutes on a really bad Portland team, either one would need to make a real leap to find minutes here. Our big man depth just got worse.
No they didn't. Little had a ton of minutes last year!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Do you really care about that - I am gearing up for what I thought was a championship season, now I almost think it's Millwaukee's to lose.
Of course I don't but I'm not Mat Ishbia either. This isn't a fan-run league.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Couldn’t disagree more. You know how we know? Salaries aside nobody would trade these two guys straight up. The only reason this is happening is because the Dame trade made this viable and the Suns wanted to get this done before the season started. It’s a pretty universal opinion across the news cycles the Suns sold low.

We should have held out for a better opportunity. I would have also liked to see what Frank could do with him.
Eh I don’t hold the news cycles in high esteem when it comes to Ayton’s actual value. They don’t know Ayton like we do and have always overvalued him compared to Az fans, and apparently other nba gms.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns don't have anything to get Jrue Holiday. He is a valuable commodity. Portland may trade him for more assets.