TRADES

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me that bar is damn low. I'm not so sure Saben Lee wouldn't be a better choice - and I think you know what I think of him.

I don't want to even think about the days before Ricky Rubio.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As for what guard I would target - completely depends on what Ayton can fetch in trade.

First off I am of the opinion we should be looking for a combo/2 guard because I like Devin at the point, and we won't find a better guy to run the offense on the open market.

If CP3 can be cut and get us below the tax level which allows to have access to a mid level exception, I think it is far more likely we can get a superior player that way than trading CP3.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are no good answers. That's the problem.

We know why the Suns are where they are at right now.
The Suns right now are the only team who even came close to giving Denver a series. With basically only two players.

The Sky Is Falling narrative is comical coming from some here that always believed the Sun was just about to shine after atrocious move after atrocious move by the McDs of the world who was championed to stay despite the putrid record because “continuity.”

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Portland ready to rebuild? Would they want to move Lillard?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I read an article today on Toronto which basically said they are blowing up the team, or not. Toronto's fans are in the same boat as us. They have no idea what is going on with their team.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is Portland ready to rebuild? Would they want to move Lillard?
I read an article today on Toronto which basically said they are blowing up the team, or not. Toronto's fans are in the same boat as us. They have no idea what is going on with their team.
TOR and POR like LAL need to consider moving Siakam, Lillard and AD if they want to improve long term. These three are the only pieces that will bring back the caliber of players these franchises can build on. POR really needs to decide quick because Lillard is about to be 33 years old so the longer they wait the lesser the package that comes back.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns will have to pay Cam Payne $6.5 million if they pick up his partially guaranteed contract for 2023-24.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Suns will have to pay Cam Payne $6.5 million if they pick up his partially guaranteed contract for 2023-24.
Ugh this one’s tough considering our lack of depth. Payne is not a good PG despite so many fans trying to convince themselves he is. I’m guessing we’ll have to suffer with his low bbiq for another year. Watching a DLO/Payne PG-combo would send me straight to the looney farm.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh this one’s tough considering our lack of depth. Payne is not a good PG despite so many fans trying to convince themselves he is. I’m guessing we’ll have to suffer with his low bbiq for another year. Watching a DLO/Payne PG-combo would send me straight to the looney farm.
It doesn't happen often enough to really mean much but when he's healthy and fully up to speed he is an excellent backup point guard. But it makes far more sense to have him backing up a consistent backup PG than trying to get by with him as a starter.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't happen often enough to really mean much but when he's healthy and fully up to speed he is an excellent backup point guard. But it makes far more sense to have him backing up a consistent backup PG than trying to get by with him as a starter.

I'm curious if Sarver cheaped out on our medical staff. Wouldn't surprise me at all. We had a renowned athletic and medical staff just a few years ago and then Sarver let Aaron Nelson leave to go to New Orleans.

I'm not saying Payne will be healthy under a new team but I hope Ishbia looks at that department and makes some improvements. We've suffered some questionable injuries the last few years, which happens, but part of where I think Sarver could be involved is how often timetables for players returning were vague, wrong, and much longer than other players dealing with similar issues around the league. W

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if Sarver cheaped out on our medical staff. Wouldn't surprise me at all. We had a renowned athletic and medical staff just a few years ago and then Sarver let Aaron Nelson leave to go to New Orleans.

I'm not saying Payne will be healthy under a new team but I hope Ishbia looks at that department and makes some improvements. We've suffered some questionable injuries the last few years, which happens, but part of where I think Sarver could be involved is how often timetables for players returning were vague, wrong, and much longer than other players dealing with similar issues around the league. W
I really don't know. I know that we'd been having a lot of injuries prior to the changes Sarver made so I bought into the idea at the time. But with Sarver you just never know. But you can't go wrong betting on him to go cheap.

But my concern isn't just when Payne's healthy, it's how poorly he plays once he returns to the lineup. It seems like he plays out of control and makes horrible decisions for a bunch of games until he finally settles down and starts to play well for us.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Well, whatever magic Aaron Nelson had working for him with the Nash era Suns he had lost before he left and he certainly has not found it again in New Orleans, they've had a horrible run with injuries while he has been there, and it isn't limited to Zion's efforts to eat this way out of the league.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think the Suns need to keep Payne with the realization he is going to miss a bunch of games. He is capable of starting when healthy, and the Suns are going to need this. They just can't rely on him.

With the way the Suns point guards wear down, they should have three capable of starting. Adding a combo guard would count.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
not excited about him, but I would prefer him over DLO.
I like Coby White when he was in college. I wanted the Suns to draft him. He has not developed like I thought he would in the NBA. Maybe he gets a bump in stats playing with two guys who can provide gravity for him to score?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Coby White when he was in college. I wanted the Suns to draft him. He has not developed like I thought he would in the NBA. Maybe he gets a bump in stats playing with two guys who can provide gravity for him to score?

Coby is a bust, unfortunately. I wanted the Suns to draft him also but he hasn't an ability to score well, run an offense efficiently, or defend at the NBA level. He's has stars of some level to take pressure off him in Lavine, DeRozen, and Vucevic. I know those guys aren't at Booker or KD's level but they are All-Star talent that draw attention and should have made White's job easier but he doesn't seem to have it. I'd take a flyer on him but I suspect he's a Cam Payne of sorts, he'll get a few opportunities to prove himself but if he doesn't step up then he'll be in China sooner than later.