Cardinals announce they have released Hopkins - Signed with Titans

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dhop ran around the country - partying with players on better teams - acting as his own agent - telling everyone he wasn't playing in Arizona this year - sabotaging any chance of a trade - so Monti was forced to cut bait

I am sure we could have got a late round pick for him. Hell we got Rodney Hudson for a 7th.. we couldn’t flip Hop for a 5th on up at least..

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I think the most likely scenario was that no teams were willing to trade for DHop without the Cards re-negotiating and converting some of his salary to signing bonus, and MB (who already paid KK/SK to not be part of the org next year) didn’t think cutting him a $10M or so check to leave was worth the draft pick we would have gotten back. You can consider him cheap or not for that, but I would guess this was the decision. Plus, converting his salary to bonus would just add to his dead cap number.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The Cardinals were shopping him back then but I don't recall any offers

What is the mechanism that you feel like you would have heard about such offers? Becuase you don't really hearing about them in the press, why is it a reasonable assumption they didn't exist?

His value would have been much higher near the trade deadline...

Not if he hadn't played/his 2023 salary would have been fully guaranteed/he was fake-injured for the first 10 weeks of the season.

Hoping that Justin Jefferson would suddenly get injured and the Vikes would give their 2024 second for Hop was always a pretty speculative possibility considering the downside.

2023-2024 Cardinals are going into 17 gun fights with a small tree branch as their choice of weapon.

That's not a problem. You just have to Fuse a rock to the small tree branch and it more than doubles the attack value.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is why I hate it. Now all the sports shows are talking about Dhop
And where could he land to make a team great. So why just drop
A player of this caliber. Dumb. I mean seriously we still have one of the worst rosters. So why

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Drug suspension, injury’s, quitting and not wanting to play for Bidwill and his cardinals.
Many on here wanted no less than a second round pick for trading his contract.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I think Dhop had a list of teams he wanted to go to

I think Monti reached out to those teams and they declined

I think Monti then asked Dhop to chill while Monti found him a destination that was good for Dhop and the Cards

I think Dhop said "**** that" and went to try and make his own deal

Then I think other GMs heard about Dhop badmouthing Az (and Kyler Murray) - so they just decided to wait it out instead of trading draft picks

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If there was a Snake In The Grass HOF D-Hop would be a first ballot inductee. Gotta give him his flowers for working us over.
-
You must be registered for see images attach

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And what exactly was the true market value? Because I guarantee Monti (like anybody else in the world) would've taken something over nothing
I am sure teams made offers that Monti thought were lowball offers so he rejected them and now here we are. monti hasn’t earned the benefit of the doubt

Last edited:

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I'm glad we parted ways with Dhop - his time was over here and he let it be known - it was very predictable - sure I wish we could've gotten something in return but I'm guessing all Monti wanted was future draft picks - not other players/contracts

But I also see more bad news on the horizon - this likely makes Hollywood our #1 now

Hollywood is going to have balls thrown at him from (multiple) QBs that are running for their lives. We're talking a lot of throws. Bad throws. The types of throws that'll leave very small wide receivers in very bad positions

If Hollywood Brown is still around by the time Kyler gets back it'll be a Christmas miracle

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Good riddance Hop, go not practice for another sucker team

No one is above practicing period

When I first read about the finger incident I thought this guy wasn’t right mentally

Please no more players in love with themselves

who’s next, let’s get it done now

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose