Cardinals announce they have released Hopkins - Signed with Titans

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Everyone forgetting how good we looked when we acquired DHop and how the Houston GM was the butt of jokes for a LONG time. It's not like we didn't get value on the front end of this deal.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dhop ran around the country - partying with players on better teams - acting as his own agent - telling everyone he wasn't playing in Arizona this year - sabotaging any chance of a trade - so Monti was forced to cut bait
Monti wasn’t forced to cut bait. He just didn’t accept the true market value of Hop

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I mean after letting it sink in, who cares, this year is already over and they're now pulling up the bottom plates off the foundation and finishing filling the roll away dumpster. This is painful for 2 reasons, Keim got us into this situation and a full blown up is really all we can do, but 2 we have a rookie GM and HC and don't know if the house being built is gonna stand or be a tent with stucco. (I really need to stop binge watching Property Brothers lol)
At least we don't have to stress over making the playoffs! Lol

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Thank you DHop, for the suspension and the injuries. Wish he was a cardinal but if players don’t want to be here…
IDK, I am holding out hope they are trying to establish a team like Detroit is doing. Change the culture and how the team runs. It takes some house clearing to do that.
I love Hop, but if he wanted out I’m ok with letting those players go. With all the time missed from suspensions to injuries, to never practicing, I’m sure the new regime will be happy they won’t have to send a wrong message in the locker room by allowing him to never practice.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welp another postion that needs help gotta love az sports lol ughhh

Hope cards have a eye on another wr to replace nuk :( sooooo sad man wtf ughhh

Ill always have faith in cards though.... but man this season gonna suck!!!!! Lol

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Monti wasn’t forced to cut bait. He just didn’t accept the true market value of Hop
I'm guessing the only teams willing to give compensation to the Cards were teams that Hop would refuse to play for. Yes, he's no-trade clause voided with his suspension, but if he makes in known that he won't be happy with the new team, then there is zero incentive for anyone to trade for him at his price tag.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If they plan to have him in 2024 he's gotta play next year.

If they plan to trade him, they don't have to play him, but his value would be pretty low leaving that many question marks.

Think he's gotta play some point either way, unless he is truly incapable.
"Gotta play" is all well and good unless he just decides his knee hurts too much. A soft holdout, if you will.

What good does it do Kyler to go out there and stand behind a pretty patchwork OL with little to throw to on a team that will likely already be in a big hole?

Not that I really expected DHop to be on this roster, but cutting him with nothing back has to be pretty demotivating.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
And what exactly was the true market value? Because I guarantee Monti (like anybody else in the world) would've taken something over nothing

Today, his true market value is zero.

The problem is that Monti probably waited too long. His market value was much, much higher at the beginning of the offseason when teams were flush with cash and 32 rookie wideouts hadn't been drafted already.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

The problem is that Monti probably waited too long. His market value was much, much higher at the beginning of the offseason when teams were flush with cash and 32 rookie wideouts hadn't been drafted already.
The Cardinals were shopping him back then but I don't recall any offers

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

His value would have been much higher near the trade deadline...