Playoffs: Suns @ Nuggets Tuesday game thread 5-9-2023 - Game 5

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And you'll see it again, because it's appropriate. The Suns aren't paying Ayton $30 million a year or so for single-digit stat lines.

Jock Landale should not be outscoring him.
If you are judging ayton by how much he scores you are silly.

the suns are taking what the defense gives them.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah we won’t see that again imo

Hopefully someone can step up, Ross and Warren aren't due for a huge game but something around 12-18 points would be huge as Shamet's was. Payene should also be a lot better with his second start of the series coming up.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Big freakin day for this basketball club - can't let the location sway the momentum - Joker can't do it all on his own - but we gotta make him feel like he has to

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah we won’t see that again imo
I don't religiously follow the Suns anymore, but I literally said in quarter 1 that I hated Shamet and then he did what he did in the 4th. I was then shocked to see he is making 10M. Is that really what a backup/3rd string SG costs these days?

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hopefully someone can step up, Ross and Warren aren't due for a huge game but something around 12-18 points would be huge as Shamet's was. Payene should also be a lot better with his second start of the series coming up.
I was just thinking Payne may be due for a big game(for him). He’s been back from injury for a little now, couple starts in and if Landale/Ayton can make sure they run up and down the court with him I can see 15 and 8 maybe.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
And you'll see it again, because it's appropriate. The Suns aren't paying Ayton $30 million a year or so for single-digit stat lines.

Jock Landale should not be outscoring him.
Or Bismack when he plays...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is what I'm hoping as well, that Ross or Shamet can get hot on a given night. The same with Warren.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the officiating crew.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't religiously follow the Suns anymore, but I literally said in quarter 1 that I hated Shamet and then he did what he did in the 4th. I was then shocked to see he is making 10M. Is that really what a backup/3rd string SG costs these days?

No. A third string shooting guard normally makes close to the veteran minimum.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe when they signed him though, the thought was he would back up Book right? So, that would be 2nd string at the time. He played himself out of that role.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe when they signed him though, the thought was he would back up Book right? So, that would be 2nd string at the time. He played himself out of that role.

Yes, the Suns had bigger plans for Shamet. At the time, I viewed him as a combo guard.

It would be nice if he suddenly blossomed into the player they thought they were signing when they extended him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Knowing Monty there is no shot he doesn't start CP3 when he is healthy. I would think that he needs to either tell Paul to speed things up or he needs to have a quick hook. I just don't see any of those things going down well for us and it's going to be tough to figure out. CP3 gives you about 15-18 points a night in easy buckets with his assists which we could use. However, the team just looks so much faster with Payne the last two games.

They even brought this up on TNT. The pace is night and day with Payne making it easier for Booker and KD to get clean shots. CP3 pounds the ball milks the clock and lets the defense get set.

I really want to see Payne start and then CP3 play the last 5 minutes because that’s when the game really slows down if it’s close.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They even brought this up on TNT. The pace is night and day with Payne making it easier for Booker and KD to get clean shots. CP3 pounds the ball milks the clock and lets the defense get set.

I really want to see Payne start and then CP3 play the last 5 minutes because that’s when the game really slows down if it’s close.

This is important especially when the opposing is much bigger and more athletic, which the Nuggets are.

I wish cp3 would see the light, but knowing his ego he will insert himself into play as soon as he can.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know people on this board love to hate Shamet. I watched him very closely in the last game. That dude works HARD when he is on the court, especially on D. If Ayton could catch some of that, you would really have something.

BTW. I was happy with Ayton's game. If he works hard like that, the rest will come.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't he really supposed to be our backup shooting guard. Anyway, I don't have a problem with his salary, just his inconsistency. His position deserves that much in today's NBA, I just want Shamet to earn his position. And some nights he does, some nights he doesn't.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson