Playoffs: Suns @ Nuggets Tuesday game thread 5-9-2023 - Game 5

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
angelofthesouth said:
Most impressive about last night is that Ayton played terribly and the Suns still won.

Okey-dokey. The Suns didn't win, and are now down 3-1. And Ayton played terribly.

:rolleyes:
Ayton didn't play terribly. He got into foul trouble, but made the most out of his time on the court.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Nuggets did work to be where they are in the League today. Focused on and built around Jokic while keeping the core while letting the team learn and play together which is crucial

Then the Suns come along. With a whole new line up. Very little time playing together. And boom, series is tied 2-2

That's gotta piss Jokic off. Especially with it being the Suns. The same team that sent Denver back to the drawing board.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This Suns team has an opportunity to do something it hasn’t done in the past…Come back from being down 2 games in a series.

In 2021 we were down 2-1 to the Lakers before going on to win that series. Then we never trailed in the Denver or Clippers series.

Last year we never trailed New Orleans or Dallas before being eliminated.

I think this is yet another huge step they can take as a team to prove they aren’t as soft as previous years teams. Booker seems like he has taken the failures of the past and turned them into motivation for the greatness we are currently experiencing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This Suns team has an opportunity to do something it hasn’t done in the past…Come back from being down 2 games in a series.

In 2021 we were down 2-1 to the Lakers before going on to win that series. Then we never trailed in the Denver or Clippers series.

I think this is yet another huge step they can take as a team to prove they aren’t as soft as previous years teams. Booker seems like he has taken the failures of the past and turned them into motivation for the greatness we are currently experiencing.

Yes, they have an opportunity to seize momentum at the right moment.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

Suns were down 0-2 against the Lakers when Paul Westphal was coaching if I remember right, we came back to beat them in that series (after "the promise") but it was ages ago

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Please explain more about the Nuggets' weaknesses, though I have a good idea already what they were. I have the impression now that the Nuggets are arguably not much deeper than the Suns offensively. They are over-reliant on Jokic. And Murray can be contained.
The Nuggets had the 2nd best offensive rating in the league behind Sacramento during the regular season. However, defensively they were middle of the pack.

As we’ve seen, they get lackadaisical in their coverages and let players/teams get into a rhythm. Can they defend? Yes. Is it something they do consistently? As we’ve seen in this series, no.

In regards to Murray, he had 28 last night but only one three-pointer. Nuggets only got up 22 threes for the game. Suns got up 29. Usually those numbers have gone against us for being a midrange team.

Gotta live with them shooting tough two’s versus three’s so we have a shot to win game 5

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Low chance of the devil officiating tomorrow

Does this mean he's headed to Denver for our game 5?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
angelofthesouth said:
Most impressive about last night is that Ayton played terribly and the Suns still won.

Okey-dokey. The Suns didn't win, and are now down 3-1. And Ayton played terribly.

:rolleyes:
Ayton played a tough aggressive game. It did not show up on the stats sheets, but I was happy with what I saw out of him.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Thanks. Well, their O-rating may be great, but I mean their scoring load. Theirs is almost all Murray and Jokic.
Well Jokic and Murray took 55 of their 89 shots. The rest of the team shot 17/34 (50%) but we limited MPJ and Aaron Gordon. Suns defense wasn’t bad per se, Jokic just went off but we still won. Game 5 is gonna be a doozy

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Monty might have to have a tough conversation with CP3 should that be the case - and I hope CP3 would be able to accept it
I bring CP3 off the bench and then run him as a shooting guard. Point Book for the fast break, and then if they end up in the half court, let CP3 run the offense.

He has to go hard for a few minutes and then rest. CP3 is a smart basketball player. We all see this. He sees it too sitting on the bench.