Playoffs: Suns @ Clippers Saturday game thread 4-22-2023 - Game 4

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not buying it yet.

The turnaround between games 3 and 4 was less than 36 hours. That's super tight in the playoffs.

If he's out in game 5 then you may be on to something, but right now...... I'm expecting he plays after a week of rest.
I get curbing your expectations, but this is Kahwi and these are the playoffs. We have seen this before. We have more of a chance of seeing PG back that Kahwi. I am confident of that.

Kahwi doesn't play injured. Period. We saw that with the Spurs. The biggest shocker in all of this is that that they say he was injured in game one and played in game two anyway. If he played on an injured knee in game two and aggravated it further, he is not coming back.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Also..... What is our record this year in 12:30 starts on the road? I bet it's not great.
I'll lay out me pessimism a bit more:

Our stars are playing 40+mpg.
We are only getting a 36hr rest.
We have a very early tip off.
They are desperate now.
Torrey is going to have a bad game at some point.
Fouls won't be called like they were in G3.
Book can't stay this nuclear hot.

I'm worried that if we don't have the right energy today we could get ourselves into a longer series where our older guys overextend themselves. I still think we win the series, but we have to get our guys more rest than this.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I get curbing your expectations, but this is Kahwi and these are the playoffs. We have seen this before. We have more of a chance of seeing PG back that Kahwi. I am confident of that.
I hope you are right. I put the probability at 50/50 personally.

In any event, let's win this one and worry about all the other stuff later! :cheers:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need Cam back. Badly. We also need Ayton to draw some attention. Ayton seems to have problems with Zubac. Big physical smart euro centers give him fits.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'll lay out me pessimism a bit more:

Our stars are playing 40+mpg.
We are only getting a 36hr rest.
We have a very early tip off.
They are desperate now.
Torrey is going to have a bad game at some point.
Fouls won't be called like they were in G3.
Book can't stay this nuclear hot.

I'm worried that if we don't have the right energy today we could get ourselves into a longer series where our older guys overextend themselves. I still think we win the series, but we have to get our guys more rest than this.
They are professionals
They been through games like this
Clippers are without their star players
Clippers are playing the same back to back games like us
Powell won’t score 40 like that
Westbrook is still bricking
Clips need a monster game from Westbrook and Powell (again)
Book can play point to relieve Paul
Kawhi is practically done, not only for the season possibly but for his career
Their defense/energy will wear themselves down just like they were during the Western Championship game that year

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah you think Westbrick puts up 30+ again or Powel 42 lol they played out their asses and still lost. If we show up and play the same as yesterday it could be the first blowout of the series…

I'd like to believe you are right.

Westbrook is at his best when he is free to dominate a game. Norman Powell can score against anyone.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly. KD looks like he is pacing himself on the floor. Book is playing out of his mind, but he is still young. Ayton should have lots of energy left in the tank. He has barely moved so far in this series. The rest of the roster should be just fine.

This series does not have nearly the level of intensity or desperation that the first round series against the Pelicans did last year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Leonard missing game 3 was load management mixed with gamesmanship. Keeps the Suns from properly preparing for the team they'll face since at the 11th hour news came out about Kawhi missing game 3. Then he decides he's nor playing in game 4, although I was surprised he wasn't listed as doubtful or questionable on their injury report to sort of keep the Suns on their toes but since news came out at a decent time he'd be a no go for game 4 also, I'm definitely in the he's hiding something serious camp. He looked great in games 1 and 2 and those were away games. They go home having split and he can't suit up? Somethings amiss.

I agree. If Leonard doesn't play today as reported, I believe there are some serious medical issues behind it.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We need Cam back. Badly. We also need Ayton to draw some attention. Ayton seems to have problems with Zubac. Big physical smart euro centers give him fits.
Guess which big, physical, smart Euro center is going to be waiting in the next round? Ayton is what he is at this point.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. If Leonard doesn't play today as reported, I believe there are some serious medical issues behind it.
Totally agree. That's why when he was out the last game I was saying this very thing to @cheesebeef. It can't be a simple knee sprain. They are downplaying the issue. Out 2 games now in a critical playoff matchup seems to confirm.