Suns @ Lakers Friday game thread 4-7-2023

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ill be out ton :) wont be able to watch gm

Hope to see good performances by whoever plays lol just rest starters till poffs dooooooo not play kd!!! Or book

Hope all cards suns fans having gpod fri! Goooooo suns

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I saw him shooting around on videos posted on Twitter. He didn't look hobbled. It might be how crappy he is showing up in practice but who knows.
Maybe but he hit the floor hard in the OKC game and didn't play much after that. Then he sat out the next game and followed that up with a less than 8 minute appearance last night. Those are very unusual minutes for him if he's healthy. Of course in that OKC game when he did come back in he was pulled almost immediately but he racked up a couple of negatives during his brief stay so yeah, it could easily be performance based.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I'm not sure that line is because of who the Suns will be resting. After last night's debacle, the scouting report is out on us. I'm sure the Lakers feel they can blow us out as long as they don't play any of their starters.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TJ Warren remains OUT for the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the Lakers injury report.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Monty is an idiot if he plays KD at all after a 40 minute b2b game. That would be ridiculous whether it’s a minute restriction or not. What would be the point of playing him for a half. Dumb.
Apparently, he's not an idiot then. Let's hope the Suns bench can do what Denver's couldn't last night.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn’t realize he played that many minutes. Good thing there’s a day or two off between playoff games

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't like it, but I get it.
In my heart I want to PUSH the Lakers and win the game, to make them work and go to the play in and cry and wet themselves and blame each other.
Mostly because F Shannon Sharpe and his Laker nut huggin.
We can rest vs the Clippers and the week after that.

Ahh well, worst case we lose and it means nothing, best case our bench waffle stomps them and we all laugh at Shannon.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate taking our foot off the gas this team needs to continue to play for something but also understand the back to back and playing a lot of minutes last night. Just hate the Lakers so much and would rather not give them a game…

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate taking our foot off the gas this team needs to continue to play for something but also understand the back to back and playing a lot of minutes last night. Just hate the Lakers so much and would rather not give them a game…
Playing against scrubs in meaningless games doesn't accomplish anything because the players just coast anyway.

Just dumb to risk injury. Also Suns should almost want Lakers to win this game since there is still a chance we could play them instead of GS or the Clippers.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Playing against scrubs in meaningless games doesn't accomplish anything because the players just coast anyway.

Just dumb to risk injury. Also Suns should almost want Lakers to win this game since there is still a chance we could play them instead of GS or the Clippers.
I agree but keep in mind we're going to have a week off anyway so they also have to concern themselves with timing and conditioning. Some players seem to lose their game shape with just a few days off, I'm not sure how much worse it can become if it's 10 days instead of a week though.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I agree but keep in mind we're going to have a week off anyway so they also have to concern themselves with timing and conditioning. Some players seem to lose their game shape with just a few days off, I'm not sure how much worse it can become if it's 10 days instead of a week though.
It's an impossible situation to handle perfectly. Shut it down for a game or two and you open the door for guys to be out of rhythm to start the first round. Or you play in those meaningless games and chance vital players getting hurt in meaningless minutes.

Not to mention you will have fans questioning your decision either way. Ultimately the right call IMO is to go with the most likely scenario that all of your best players make it to the playoffs without injury.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty talks about Cam Payne's role. It sounds like Monty has been exploring options to go bigger.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Second of a back to back. Rest is probably wise given the situation.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's still up in the air who plays for the Lakers. It sounds like Schroder may sit.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lebron and Durant greet each other.

Staff online