Suns @ Lakers Friday game thread 4-7-2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Friday, the Suns play at the Lakers on the second night of back-to-back games.

The Lakers are 41-39.

Suns are 45-35 after beating the Nuggets on Thursday.

When: Friday, April 7th

Television: NBA TV, Bally Sports Arizona

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 7:30 pm Arizona Time

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only two games left in the season.

April 7 @ Lakers
April 9 vs Clippers

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've changed my mind...

I think we should run out the starters in this one for several reasons.

That win tonight was awful, if that is the last the starters see of real minutes, it is a really ugly note to head into the post season on. They clearly need more tuning up.

It would also be nice for them to experience a playoff atmosphere against an actual playoff team. With Durant in the lineup we've played against a bunch of garbage, non-playoff teams and 2 games against Denver's bench. The best win with Durant playing is... Minnesota?

And, most of all, it's always fun to wreck things for the Lakers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty wouldn't commit if the Suns rest guys against the Lakers.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I've changed my mind...

I think we should run out the starters in this one for several reasons.

That win tonight was awful, if that is the last the starters see of real minutes, it is a really ugly note to head into the post season on. They clearly need more tuning up.

It would also be nice for them to experience a playoff atmosphere against an actual playoff team. With Durant in the lineup we've played against a bunch of garbage, non-playoff teams and 2 games against Denver's bench. The best win with Durant playing is... Minnesota?

And, most of all, it's always fun to wreck things for the Lakers.
Nope, no way, and hell no. CP3 and KD are injury prone and in their mid thirties, got no business in a meaningless back to back game right before the playoffs you out your damn mind

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns starters, especially Durant (41), racked up a lot of minutes against the Nuggets.

I wouldn't be surprised if Monty rests some of his starters against the Lakers.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nope, no way, and hell no. CP3 and KD are injury prone and in their mid thirties, got no business in a meaningless back to back game right before the playoffs you out your damn mind

Last year we rested guys to prevent injury, we went into the playoffs ice cold and Booker promptly got injured.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not a hill I am willing to die on, but I think the team would benefit from playing a game against a decent team that is actually trying... and also to screw the Lakers.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he strained or bruised something. He's played just under 16 minutes total over our last 3 games.
I thought I saw him shooting around on videos posted on Twitter. He didn't look hobbled. It might be how crappy he is showing up in practice but who knows.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not a hill I am willing to die on, but I think the team would benefit from playing a game against a decent team that is actually trying... and also to screw the Lakers.
Kinda with ya here. But kinda not seeing as we had to play KD 40 tonight to beat the Chicken Nuggets.

torn. This team can’t just flip a switch because they’ve never played together before. But man… they are so injury prone also.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If an injury is going to happen its going to happen. Look what happened to KD. I would play the starters but limit their minutes. Give a bulk of the mins to the bench. They will get enough rest when they are at home watching the play in.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I ascribe to the old theory, if you are actively trying to prevent injury, that's when it happens. A lot of athletes say they have to play without that fear, and play all out. If you play with that in the back of your mind, hesitation occurs, and you put yourself in situations where you get hurt. They have a week off after their last game, and they NEED more time together on the floor as evidenced by not being able to put away Denver bench players earlier in the game. In the Showtime era, the Lakers handled these situations by their starters actively trying to win the game after 3 quarters and pulling their starters for the fourth quarter. Magic would try and get a 20 to 30 point lead built up before the fourth. It was then up to the bench to bring it home.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want to crush this sorry Lakers team so badly. Especially after hearing Skip this morning talk about how pathetic the suns looked against the Nuggets and how the Lakers will easily win.

Damn I want our starters to not play and still beat them. I am so sick of the Laker suck off.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he strained or bruised something. He's played just under 16 minutes total over our last 3 games.

I guess we will find out tonight when the Suns play the Lakers. It befuddles me why the Suns didn't go after another point guard.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the Lakers injury report. Still awaiting the Suns report.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson