2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the Warriors were their own on worst enemy in their loss to the Timberwolves.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the Warriors were their own on worst enemy in their loss to the Timberwolves.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I watched the last quarter. Both teams tried their hardest to lose.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
so what games are we paying attention to tonight?

Umm... Pelicans Warriors I suppose.

Potentially getting the 5 against a 4 seeded Warriors seems like a bad scenario, so root for the Pelicans? Right now those 2 and the T'Wolves are in a virtual tie for 6th.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Potentially getting the 5 against a 4 seeded Warriors seems like a bad scenario, so root for the Pelicans I suppose, right now those 2 and the T'Wolves are in a virtual tie for 6th.
3.5 games separate the Suns from the 11th place team - Lots of shuffling left

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All I’m hoping is one of them catches the Lakers. That is a win for me.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Potentially getting the 5 against a 4 seeded Warriors seems like a bad scenario, so root for the Pelicans? Right now those 2 and the T'Wolves are in a virtual tie for 6th.
Pelicans up 17 at half against GS. Would actually love if Minnesota got the 5 seed and they were our first round matchup. I’ll take that over GS/Clippers

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pelicans up 17 at half against GS. Would actually love if Minnesota got the 5 seed and they were our first round matchup. I’ll take that over GS/Clippers
I've asked the basketball gods to get KD and the rest healthy, I figure also asking for the opponent of choice is just pushing my luck.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, we’ve in essence got a 3 game lead over GS as we hold the 3-1 tiebreaker. That’s good.

The Clippers tie breaker could come down to the last game of the season but without PG13 the rest of the year, the hope is we can stay ahead of them.

We can also really bury Minnesota tomorrow for the 4 seed with a win that will give us the tie-breaker and basically a 3 game lead with 6 to go.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, I read this small article saying that ex-NBA player DeMarcus Cousins doesn't understand why teams don't want him anymore. https://hoopshype.com/2023/03/29/de...-i-can-never-really-get-the-raw-honest-truth/

Am I right that he's a good player who wore out too many teams' patience with his stupid and unprofessional behavior, such as: fighting with a head coach; fighting with opposing players; and fighting with on-court media? Even with Rasheed Wallace, I had the impression that all Wallace did was mostly yell at referees and get technical fouls.

It's sad, because Cousins was good enough to make all-star teams.

I don’t think it has anything to do with his attitude for the most part his teammates and coaches love him.

His body is completely shot at this point. He was never super athletic to begin with and now it’s all gone. He can barely get up and down the court

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I read this small article saying that ex-NBA player DeMarcus Cousins doesn't understand why teams don't want him anymore. https://hoopshype.com/2023/03/29/de...-i-can-never-really-get-the-raw-honest-truth/

Am I right that he's a good player who wore out too many teams' patience with his stupid and unprofessional behavior, such as: fighting with a head coach; fighting with opposing players; and fighting with on-court media? Even with Rasheed Wallace, I had the impression that all Wallace did was mostly yell at referees and get technical fouls.

It's sad, because Cousins was good enough to make all-star teams.

His teammates may like him but he was a coach killer in Sacramento. He went through a new coach every season. He went from Westphal, Keith Smart, Mike Malone, Ty Corbin, George Karl, and Dave Joeger. He was there 7 years, I believe. Maybe 8. New coach almost every year and also went through PG's just the same as they couldn't find anyone who would stick around and play with Cousins. They had Rondo, IT, Tyreke Evans, Darren Collison, and others try but none could co-exist with Cousins.

He was talented but mercurial and similar to Ayton in how you didn't know which Cousins would play regularly, one that would bang down low and dominate inside or one that would camp out and chuck 3's. He was never a defensive force or gave much effort on D.

He was overpaid also as he got max money and never led a team anywhere. The Pelicans made the playoffs with him but he suffered an injury that ended his season and they improved without him, although Anthony Davis and Cousins was an odd pairing, it was clear they were better without him. Then he signed with Golden State to ring chase when they had Durant and that was viewed negatively because reports were he was offered more money elsewhere but declined to sign for the MLE in Oakland. In fairness to him he was going to miss the first 3/4 of the season and wasn't expected to be healthy until the playoffs, or the final month of the season. He tore his Achilles previously and focused on rehab and returning to a situation where he'd be the 4th or 5th option so very low stress and no rush either. However that team fell apart in the finals vs Toronto and Cousins has been ring chasing ever since.

The game has kind of passed him by. He'd probably be a decent backup if he committed to that role but he thinks he's more than that and he's not. He's also never been much of a defender.

He made a documentary not that long ago called The Resurgence. Its good, I'd recommend it to any basketball fan. It was done in 2018 as he rehabbed his Achilles and returned for the Warriors. It was done by Showtime, the premium channel, and should be available on their app if you subscribe. They always have a 7-30 free trial available for new customers so watch it and cancel.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hornets are messing up the standings winning their three last games, two against Dallas and one against OKC.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose